CHAPTER 18 - PRESS CONFERENCE

JINYOUNG

My manager suggested that I talked to the legal in BH regarding my situation. I've met them and they were.. surprised a bit. But they understood my intention and they agreed to help me. They helped me switch my citizenship back to Korean. I also needed to enlist in the military after I finished filming my next movie. But today was a big day. I finally got to come clean about myself. Today I held a press conference to tell everyone the truth about me. I told them the truth about Jinyhuk and my not so sparkling past. I might not have a criminal record, but I wasn't as clean as Jinhyuk. 

Considering there were a lot of new uprising actors/actresses under fire because of small scandal, my agency decided it was best to tell everyone everything, not just my situation, but also my past. Jinhyuk was supposed to attend the conference press as well, but he was still on the way. My manager signaled me to start the conference first while waiting for Jinhyuk to arrive. What about Seonyoung, you'd ask? Well, I tried texting her, hoping that she would at least show up, but she didn't even reply. I haven't seen her since our last encounter as well. Considering I still had a lot on my plate, I tried not to burden her anymore.

"Good morning, everyone," I started. "Thank you for coming on a short notice. I know that most of you will be curious as to why I hold the conference press, considering I don't have any film, drama or album to promote, so let me get to it straight. I'm here to tell you the truth about myself and ... my twin." I heard the press' uproar when they heard my last word. Hands were flying in the air, but I signaled them to wait.

"My name is Park Jinyoung and I had a twin named Park Jinhyuk. We were separated from my early childhood because of personal reason. I was adopted by a family from my mother's side and was brought to the US with them. I was American and I grew up there from age 5 to last year. I wasn't exactly a model student back then. I dyed my hair, I got tattoos, I got piercing, and I was involved in several fights just like any other boys. I was working as a DJ and several supporting roles in some indie films back in the US." I heard keyboard's clacking really fast as all the press tried to type my story as fast as possible.

"While my twin was born and raised here. He was a model student just you've all known because he grew up, got into an audition and accepted into JYP before debuting as JJP and then GOT7 vocalist, Park Jinyoung," I heard some gasping at my story. "He didn't remembered our childhood much, but he remembered my name being called a lot, so he assumed Jinyoung was his name, thus he told everyone that his name was Jinyoung. I was already adopted at that time, and my parents didn't see the harm on switching the name since I wasn't here in Korea, that's why all of you knew Jinhyuk as someone you know very dearly, Park Jinyoung. But then, he got sick and had to be on ventilator. For some personal reason, my dad asked me to come home and resumed his position. Since his contract was expired, I, as myself, signed with BH entertainment and started working as an actor under my own name, Park Jinyoung. So the ones that you've been seeing on the screen starting from "When My Love Blooms" was me. But today, I can inform you gladly that my twin, Jinyhuk, is finally recovered and all well," at this point, I started to search for my manager, since Jinhyuk was supposed to arrive already. I found him talking on the phone, looking a bit worry and shook his head when he met my eyes.

"He was supposed to join us here right now, but..," I stopped talking since my manager approached me and tried to say something. He lowered himself so he could whisper the news right to my ear. Seconds later, I mumbled sorry to press and left the stage as soon as possible. While dashing toward the exit, I heard my manager took the mic and informed the press, "I'm sorry for cutting this conference short as we just received news that Jinhyuk, Jinyoung's twin, is involved in a car accident while on the way here and is being brought to the hospital currently. We don't know his exact condition yet, so we hope you guys can be understanding and give some time for the family to attend the sick first. We will update you guys later if we have additional information. I'm so sorry and once again, thank you for coming here."