CHAPTER 14 - BUSTED AGAIN

JINYOUNG

"Come on, get on," Jaebeom hyung lowered his car window and told me to get in the car. He picked me up in no time because he knew that I couldn't be in public for long, or I'd be in trouble. I texted my manager to inform him that I'd be at Jaebom hyung's, but told him not to tell my father yet. I didn't want to go back to my house yet. Jaebeom hyung knew something has happened but he didn't poke me, not until I wanted to talk about it myself. He just drove back to his studio.

"I need to finish recording, so make yourself comfortable," he said when he arrived at his studio. I just sat there and watched him working. I greeted Jaebum hyung (aka Jay Park) that came several hours later to check up on Jaebeom hyung and he brought some food. He didn't ask me any question either. He gave us more freedom to hang out with each other as he knew we were like a family. All GOT7 members, I meant. It was dark already when Jaebeom hyung finished recording.

"Do you want me to drop you at your apartment or what?" he asked.

"No. Can I stay at yours tonight?" I begged him. He nodded and said nothing.

"Come on, let's drop somewhere before going home," he said and just drove without giving me the chance to say anything. He stopped somewhere and signaled me to come out of the car and walked to a small cafe across the street.

"Noona, the usual please," he talked to noona behind the counter and turned around to face me.

"What do you want to eat and drink?" he asked me.

"Um.. ," I scanned the menu on the wall quickly. "Lasagna and hot tea." She took our order and Jaebeom hyung told me to follow him to a small room. I guessed this small cafe had a private room as well.

"What is this place?" I asked him when we finally sat down inside the room.

"A book cafe. I come here frequently as this place is quite secluded and the noona here.. don't you remember her?" he asked me. I shook my head. Wait, did Jinhyuk know the noona? Oh crap.

"This is yours, and this is yours," the noona came in and put our orders in front of us respectively.

"Noona, do you remember him?" Jaebeom hyung asked her. She looked at me carefully. Now I started to feel nervous. Could she recognize that I wasn't the same person that she met before?

"Is he Jinyoung?" she asked.

"Whoaaa.. You really have a good memory," Jaebeom hyung commented, giving her his two thumbs up.

"But..," she continued, but hesitated a bit.

"But what?" Jaebeom hyung started to munch his food and didn't pay attention much to the scene in front of him. The noona was looking at me carefully once again while I was sweating inside. 

"You're different," she said quietly. I gulped. What did I do wrong? Did she really notice that the person she met before was Jinhyuk and not me?

"Of course noona.. it's been so long," Jaebeom hyung kept telling her, but she insisted that there was something off. "Wait, really?" Now Jaebeom hyung copied her and both of them looked at me intensely.

"Oh come on hyung, not you too," I tried to avoid all the staring. But Jaebeom hyung had suspected me at first, before he gave up since he couldn't pinpoint his suspicion.

"You have your ears pierced," the noona suddenly said. My face would probably white as wall when I heard her comment.

"What?" Jaebeom hyung shouted and immediately stood up and went to my side to check my ears. Both. And he sunk in shock when he found out that I did have a piercing mark on my left helix. It was barely seen now though. "Who are you? And what happened to Jinyoung?" he managed to say something at last.