CHAPTER 21 - MEET ELLIE

JINYOUNG

We were waiting for Jackson and his plus one inside the private room, chatting noisily when Jackson finally showed up with his 'wife', I supposed. We all went silent when he approached us with her hand in tow.

"Everyone, meet Ellie," he introduced her and all hell broke loose. We all started to talk all at once.

"Hey.. one by one.. you guys are making her confused," he told us in Korean. "From this side to that side, please."

"Hi, I'm Jinyoung," I decided to go first, making my introduction in English. I wasn't sure what her nationality was. Was she a Chinese like Jackson or what? But she was working in Singapore, so she clearly could speak English.

"Hi, I'm Mark," Mark hyung decided to talk in Mandarin.

"Hi, I'm Bambam and this one is Jaebeom," he talked in English and decided to speak for Jaebeom hyung without even asking permission, earning him a punch from Jaebeom hyung.

"Hi, I'm Youngjae," Youngjae introduced himself in his usual Kor-lish.

"Hi, I'm Yugyeom," and it was Yugyeom's turn at last. Our introduction was cut short because the waiter started to come in and brought our orders. We started to sit back down and ate, food always won in this group.

"I heard you're working as a doctor," I tried to strike a conversation and she nodded.

"Whoa.. really?" Mark hyung added. "What kind of doctor?"

"I'm a surgeon," she answered and we all shouted in surprise again.

"You know that after we're back to Korea we'd be busy promoting our EP, don't you?" I asked again, and she nodded again. "Won't you be jealous when you see him," I pointed to Jackson, "flirting with staff and fans as usual? He usually does that whenever he can, and I doubt he will change even after having you," I added, waiting to see her reaction despite Jackson glaring back at me.

"No. If he knew my day to day, he will be mad," she admitted.

"Wait, what?" Jackson suddenly asked. "What do you do at the hospital?"

"You do know that I'm a digestive surgeon, and by digestive means from your mouth to the very end?" she asked and he nodded. "So, if there's some problem at the very end, I had to check it manually first. And by manually means if the patient is a male, he had to ...," she made some gestures so we would understand what she was saying without saying it out loud. She wanted to say that person had to pull off his pants and underwear for her to check his behind. Jackson suddenly understood what she was saying and we started to laugh at him.

"Whoaaa... this is a funny twist," Bambam said, holding off his laugh.

"Wait, how many.. no.. no.. no.. don't say it, I don't want to know," he covered his eyes in disbelief and everyone laughed again at him.

"You're lucky I'm not a urologist," she added. Jackson immediately searched what she meant and his eyes grew bigger when he found out what it was.

"Okay, you need to change job ASAP and NOT urologist," he tried again and the rest laughed even harder. We continued eating and talking until the time was up. They had to kick us out because of the time limit. We talked much about everything else but their relationship. If Jackson didn't mention anything about their status, then we didn't need to know. All we cared about was they looked happy together, it didn't matter whether she was his fake wife or not. I also guessed that the others didn't know anything about it, aside from me. That night we went back to Korea while Jackson still left in Singapore for another day. After a short EP promotion without Youngjae, I barely heard anything from Jackson.

Not until the showed up at my door looking troubled. He's been drinking almost every night, until Jaebeom decided to put some sense back into him. Then when he sobered up, he begged me to make a unit with him as the others were still in military. Jaebeom hyung obviously didn't want to make another debut, so he whined every time he saw me until I gave in. But even when we were working in the studio, he would just stare at his phone screen and said it was nothing when I asked him about him. It's been going on for awhile, so I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to text Ellie and told her to give me a call when she could.

"Hey, this is Ellie," she called me finally.

"Hi.. wait, let me move to a better place first," I said, trying to get out from the studio first so Jackson didn't find out that I called his wife.

"Okay, I'm good. Let me just straight to the problem, what's wrong with you two?" I asked straight to the problem.

"Two, who?"

"You and Jackson, obviously." I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it.

"Oh. I don't know. Why?" I told her about Jackson, that he's been drinking before Jaebeom hyung scolded him and then whined to make a unit with me but still he was absentminded most of the times in the studio. I was guessing it was a girl problem, hence the phone call.

"So, what happened with you two?" I repeated. She told me that she simply reminded him that they were not a real couple. They were just pretending to be one. "Well, do you really believe that as well?" I asked her then ended the call after telling her to give it a thought. I didn't hear again from Ellie, so I decided to take care of the matter with my own hands. It was near Jackson birthday and I knew he had a thing with birthdays, so I texted Ellie.

[I'm sending him to you. In two days]

[When? Should I pick him or what?]

[No need. He has his way around. Just wait and please get along with him] I sent Jackson to Singapore with a one-way ticket. I sighed. My own love life wasn't that good and here I was, playing a matchmaker. Not that I didn't do anything about my own personal life. I've asked my manager to ask around about Seonyoung. He found out that Seonyoung was working at a hospital as one of their Doctor Helicopter crew, but no one knew whether she was still working there or not. No one heard from her again. I've texted her when I got back from the military but her phone number has changed. I had no idea where or how to find her.

I heard nothing from Jackson either, not until around December when he showed up again, telling me that he's divorced Ellie. Their contract ended, he said. He's been staying at my house and forced me to do another project with him. Both me and Jaebeom hyung watched him closely so he didn't go down the drain just like last time. Both Youngjae and Yugyeom were still in military so no group activities until they were finished. Luckily, this time Jackson seemed to hold himself better. I was on my set when Jackson called me in the middle of the night.

"What's up?"

"I... Sick..," he could only said two words before the line disconnected so I immediately sent my manager to my house only to find Jackson, almost fainted in the house due to the pain. My manager brought him to the nearest ER and he told me that he got appendicitis and had to be operated right away. I wanted to call his parents but he refused, saying that he would get out after the surgery as the doctors told him that he would only need to stay for a day or two in the hospital after the surgery. But things turned out great for him as one of the doctor in his team was apparently Ellie!

Talking about weird coincidences. She tried to avoid him and yet they found each other again. And the weird coincidences didn't stop there. When I was trying to find Jackson in the ER, I asked around and I heard a voice, a familiar voice that used to talk to me almost every day, and when I turned around to find out the owner of the voice, I saw her, the one I've been looking for since I finished my military.