CHAPTER 37 - FACING IT

SEONYOUNG

Prof Shin discharged me after my first counseling. But I was required to see her every day for the next week. She'd let me back in the ER next week if she thought I could handle my trauma. She reminded me that I might have to try to face the mirror maze or the maze again to face my fear, but not until she deeemed I was strong enough to do it. For now, I had to take the medicine and did the counseling.

"Why are you still here?" I was dumbfounded when I saw Jinyoung still in the room. I thought he had to be in the studio, with Jaebeom oppa forced everyone else to pull all nighter the other day to speed up the recording session.

"I'll go to the studio after dropping you. I've packed your bag, Mae has processed your discharge paper, so let's go," he grabbed my bag and walked toward me.

"I can carry it myself. You should go, Jaebeom oppa will be angry at me for keeping you so long," once I said it, I regretted it. It sounded as if I pushed him away again or tried to run away. Obviously he got curious and raised his eyebrow.

"That's not how you talk to me, young lady," there was some warning in his voice.

"Sorry oppa. I just felt guilty for troubling you. I'm okay now, so just go do your thing. I'll feel burdened if you stayed around." He grabbed my hand and didn't seem to hear my reason.

"No. You're not a burden and it's my choice to stay. Don't ever tell me otherwise. As for Jaebeom hyung, he'd understand. Also, you're staying at mine until you got your green card from your professor," he said when he opened his car door for me.

"What? Why? I can move around myself," I started my protest but he just held my head and slightly pushed it so I didn't bump my head when I went inside his car.

"Don't argue with me, just stay there. I need to make sure you're getting better."

"Look, oppa.. it's not your fault that I got injured, so you don't have to feel guilty about it. I'm an adult, heck, I'm even a doctor. I can take care of myself," I started to think that he thought of me as his responsibility because he was the one that brought me to the amusement park and it led to this incident. He turned his body to face me suddenly and leaned over, I saw his eyes were fiery. I totally forgot that both him and Jinhyuk got temper.

"No. It's not out of guilt. Damn it. For a girl, you're really dense. Do you think I just spew nonsense when I said I like you? I need to see you getting better because I'm worried. I'm worried because you live alone and you have no family here. I'm worried because who will calm you down if you got nightmares? I'm worried because I like you. Not because of guilt," he said angrily. "You're not thinking of running away, are you?" He eyed me with piercing gaze.

JINYOUNG

Seriously.. This girl got on my nerve. She's just being discharged after spending the night with me, on the same bed, and today she thought of running away? Why? I could see her getting nervous because of my question. I eyed her carefully.

"No, I'm not. It's just,.." she could only open and closed her mouth again.

"Come on, just say it," I barked at her, half frustrated at her.

"I just don't want to trouble you anymore. I've been nothing but trouble to you. Even on our first meeting, you had to reveal your secret because of me. And this time, because I got injured, your work is disturbed as well." I started to calm down. She wasn't going to run away, she was just concerned about me. She was fiddling with the hem of her shirt. She did that when she felt nervous. Now I got the urge to tease her.

"Why do you concern about me? It's not like you like me or anything. You're not even saying anything after our three dates," I pretended to pout. I got a reaction though. She looked up but when she saw me looking at her already, she couldn't hold her gaze and looked down again. I chuckled and held her chin, lifting it up so she had no choice but to see me.