Chapter 54: Not our last time

Alyssa's POV

I didn't understand how terrified I was regarding the surgery until it was the day it was to be done, and I knew my life was in jeopardy.

I could actually die today.

Knowing that you're going to die was something, but knowing exactly when was terrifying. I was extremely agitated out of my head.

My hands were shaking uncontrollably even more than it was before. My heart was flogging quickly against my rib cage.

Hearing the doctor say those words made my heart stumbled over its own beat.

I wasn't ready.

Grabbing my phone, I went straight into contacts. I hoped that Tristan didn't leave as yet. I didn't want him to miss being by my side when I heal or die.

I called his number, but it quickly went to voicemail. I rang his cell two more times, and it went to voicemail.

Why was he not answering my calls? I was starting to get worried.

I'll shoot him a text In case he doesn't see the missed calls in time or if he tries calling me to find out what, and I would not be able to answer the phone.

Me: Hey, Tristan, you'll probably see this late, but I want you to know that the date had moved up to today, and I was wondering if you wanted to be by my side before I go in? That's if you're not far ahead from here, and I will completely understand if you can't come because your dad is very important to you, but being here with me will mean a lot. Yeah...I am doing the surgery today....yeah.

Mom sat next to me, sighing. She touched my hand and then began to rub my hand comfortingly. "Are you okay?" She muttered, and I nodded, forcing a smile just so I could not stress her anymore. "You're my daughter. I know when you're not okay. I know you're scared but remember you are strong, brave, a fighter, and you can do anything, keep having faith..."

Tears started running from my eyes. I really tried holding them, but for mom, telling me these hopes and uplifting words broke me, and I didn't know how to think.

"M-mom, what if something goes w-wrong?" I choked out, crying.

After all, I wasn't strong.

I started feeling scared thinking about going inside there. What if I die before the little time that I actually have left?

"Hey, look at me," mom grasped my jaws so I could stop squirming around in nervousness, fear, and anxiety. "You're going to get through this, you hear me? You are. I believe in you. Don't let me hear you say that, okay?"

I nodded, trying to convince myself, looking at mom, but tears kept coming down my face. I was petrified.

I didn't want to leave anyone, especially in pain. They deserve to be happy.

"Mom?"

I looked at the door to see my little sister, standing with a burger king bag, looking worried as she looked over.

Chole and Ashley came in after, and both looked confused.

"Is everything okay?" Chole asked, closing the door with two bags.

Ashely slowly made her way toward us, resting her bags on the table. "I uh, brought you a Mac chicken," she muttered, looking down at me when I laid down on the bed.

She looked sad. "Thank you," I said, wiping away my tears. "Did you hear from the guys?"

She nodded. "Yeah, they will be here in an hour just before the surgery, but uh Tristan he uh left about ten minutes ago, and none of the guys could reach him. They said something about him complaining about a low battery before he left, so probably his phone died," she explained, and I sighed.