Chapter 34: Late night swim

It was very dark outside. It was almost like a jet black coloring, and the stars and moon gave the sky some light.

The wind was blowing some extremely cold wind, causing me to shiver at times.

The trees were creaking and groaning by the high-end wind. The silence around us was followed by crickets twittering, owls hooting, toads chirping, and our feet pressing against the hard mud ground, crunching.

The weird feeling inside my stomach was exploding over and over. My skin felt tinglingly, my heart was racing, and my mind was blowing up!

I took an awkward glance at the cause of the way I felt, then carried my eyes forward to where we headed.

"So...is there a specific reason we are out here, blondie?" Asked Tristan, making me look at him as he looked at me with a smile.

He was so attractive.

We were headed back to where we first had a real conversation.

I needed it. The silence and calling nature with someone by my side. Someone who doesn't have a reason to worry about me was exactly what I craved when I was stressing and worried about the future.

"I needed to be at our secret spot..." I smiled at him, and he chuckled. Our?!

You impulsive bimbo! Our?

His!

Ugh...I was so stupid.

"Our?" He questioned with his arched eyebrows raised, and I softy slapped my hand in the face. I wanted to do it hard, but I didn't want Tristan to think I was crazy.

I nodded. "You heard right, our...aye look we made!" I grinned, then jogged over to the huge rock before sitting on it, dangling my feet at the edge.

He walked up next to me and sat, dangling his feet. "Hey," he said, and I turned to look at him curiously with a smile I couldn't control. "Why are we here, though?"

I giggled to myself. "Maybe because...we are friends now, and maybe...." He raised an eyebrow at me curiously, and I giggled. "Maybe I'd just like to know more about you," I smiled even wider at him, and he gave me an 'oh' look, and I turned away, feeling dumb saying that.

I should've said something better. I can be an idiot sometimes. I-

"You know, you could've just said that from start, instead of dragging me out here....heh?" He used his shoulder to nudge mine, and I giggled, shaking my head.

"Would've been awkward for me..." I said, looking down at the still water beneath my feet. "And you willingly followed me...''

"Ahhh, yes, I did, and it wouldn't have been awkward to me. I mean, this could be a lot of things. Not like we are dating or going to date or anything....right?" He said, chuckling and scratching his hair awkwardly.

I gave him a fake disgusted look. "Whhaaat...noway. That be gross. Us dating? Naaah..."

Fuck, our dating would've been a miracle performed by God himself.

"I would kill myself before I do that.." he laughed awkwardly, and so did I, turning to look at him when I caught him staring at me, smirking.

I awkwardly licked my bottom lip, looking at him, unsure what to do. I couldn't look away either his eyes held me. They had power. They were glowing dark. There was so much there. I felt like I was seeing right through him.

Tristan bit his bottom lip looking at me, and I swore I almost died...

No, really, I almost did. I almost fell from here and die.