Chapter 39: Hopeless

"Oh, hey. How did you get my number? Pierce, are you stalking me?"

"Wait, what? No. Why would I stalk you for a number?" I asked in disbelief.

"I don't know! But it's possible! Then why do you have my number, Pierce?"

I groaned, dropping on my bed face way.  "Please stop calling me Pierce, and I will tell you."

"Why, isn't that your name?" She laughed, compressing me to chuckle.

"Tristan sounds better, and Ashley gave me your number. I asked her. I was going to ask you, but I wasn't sure you'd of given it to me, so I asked her instead. I could call-"

"You could've texted," I rolled my eyes.

"Call was better, shortcakes-"

"Your done, your done. Alyssa for you!" Watching too many tiktok I see.

"Any name I give you is what I will call you, and you can't stop me-"

"I will bitch slap you through the phone you hear me?!" 

I chuckled, shaking my head. This girl was so jolly. I was fuming a few minutes ago until I called her, and now I was feeling energized. "I bet you will," I mockingly said.

"Boy, stop playing with me and tell me why you called?"

I could feel her rolling her eyes.

I sighed, rolling on my back and sighing. "It's my dad..." I closed and opened my eyes.

"What happened?" Her voice softly asked.

"He showed up here drunk and caused a scene with my brothers," I explained, remembering what he said.

"Are you alright? I mean, after everything, are you...okay?"  She sighed.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was. All I could think about was how much he blamed me for my mom's death, how he broke his promise of drinking, and how much he embarrassed my brothers and me.

But then I was talking to her, and I felt a bit better.

"Tristan? Are you there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, I am," Why am I lying! "You know what, I am not okay?" I sat up in bed, gritting my teeth in rage. I am tired of my dad!

"Okay? Tell me what is wrong, I am willing to listen."

"I am so tired of him not being the father he was months ago! I am so tired that he's a drunken deadbeat. My mom wouldn't have wanted this, okay? I am so angry that he blames me for her death when in reality, he was the one that caused it! I am tired of worrying about him and being angry at him at the same time! He doesn't deserve my sympathy because of what he is now; a freaking drunken and worthless father that neglected his sons THAT he sent away for better and now blaming them! I am so tired of him...I am so afraid to lose him too, but he won't listen and stop drinking...I-I hate him, but I love him. He's the only parent my brothers, and I have left. I don't know what to do," I cried. I had those tears and anger holding in for a long time.

I heard her sigh. "I understand what you're saying, Tristan, and I am sorry I don't know what it is like, but all I know is that you should tell him the truth. Throw it at him like how you did to me. Only two things can happen when you do that; either he's going to change, apologize and try being a better father or not listen and continue being a dipshit dad and lose all his sons. It's up to you to decide what your move is, but it's better for him to know the truth," I sighed. "I know you still love him even after everything he did. He is your father," I closed my eyes letting tears shed from my eyes.