Chapter 43: Lust

"You know the drill Alyssa, lie down and keep still and eyes closed," the radiation Therapy doctor said. They were several doctors around me from outside the seethrough glass so they could monitor the session on their computers. "You know that this isn't stopping the cancer, right? It is to shrink the size and slow the growing speed. It would have been easier to cure it at an earlier age, but this has gotten worse, so we only can shrink the size," I nodded in understanding.

"I understand, doctor," If I knew my tumor was this bad, mom and I would've gotten this done from the beginning. I know what you guys were thinking. Even if it was that late, you should've gotten it done, but I was doing chemo, and when I moved here my tumor had enlargened.

I went and laid on the bed of the machine and closed my eyes, and let it happen.

***

My house door knocked, and excitedly I ran towards it and opened it only to see Tristan standing there with a bouquet and a bottle of wine?

I raised an eyebrow at him. He knew I didn't drink.

"The wine is not for you, Lil mama, it's for your mom....these right here," he pushed the bouquet towards me, "is for you,'' I took the flowers, smiling at him.

"Ooh, thank you, you're a quick learner. You got my favorite," I grinned at him in amusement.

Sunflowers were my favorite because my dad used to place one inside my hair every day whenever he came from work when I was a little girl, and I grew to love them.

I sniffed the bouquet, and a memory of my dad came into my mind without my permission.

I was his sunflower.

"Oh, you guys haven't left yet," mom said, walking toward us with a sweet smile. "Hey, Tristan...that wine is not for Alyssa, right?" Mom asked, stopping next to us.

I shook my head.

"No, it's actually for you, Mrs. Davis..."

"No, no, call me Haley. You're dating my daughter now, so you're in the family, just don't mess up," she laughed.

"I won't, I promise. She's a one of a kind. Here," he handed her the wine bottle.

When he said I was one of a kind, my heart sunk, and I pouted at him. He was too sweet.

"They all say that...but thank you," she smiled at him. "Sweetie, let me put those in water for you," I nodded, and mom took the bouquet from me. "I am opening this right now!"

I chuckled, turning from her and looking at Tristan, who was looking at me.

"What?"

"Can't I look?" He chuckled.

I walked from the house, closed the door, and stepped onto the little porch where Tristan had an igloo placed.

"Picnic?" I asked.

"Yeah, do you like a picnic?"

I gasped. "I love it!"

He smiled at me, stretching his hand out. "Then let's get going, Lil mama," I took his hand, rolling my eyes.

"Will you stop calling me that?"

"No, as I said before, I will call you whatever I want, whenever," he shrugged, grabbing the igloo and walking from the porch.

"You're a pain in the ass. You do know that, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, and other places too, like-"

"Tristan!"