Chapter 48: Pain

"Are you going to say something?" I asked because he kept quiet after blurting out.

He started shaking his foot rapidly, causing me to get worried about what he wanted to say.

"Tristan you-"

"I cheated on you!"

Wait, I stared at him dumbfounded, my mouth slightly opened, my mind still processing what he said.

Wait- WHAT!

I abruptly stood from the step and looked at him in disbelief, taken back. "You-you did what?" I whispered with an unbelievably look. I hope I heard wrong.

He nervously stood up, looking down at me.

"I was drunk, and I didn't know-"

"Oh, my God," I covered my mouth, looking at him with wide appalled eyes.

He did cheat.

"I was so angry and got drunk. I didn't k-"

I shook my head at him.

That was what they all say, 'they didn't know what they were doing, but they did it anyways.'

For fuck sake, he knew what he was doing!

"I can't believe you. After everything we've been through...you cheated on me?" I asked, staring at him.

He tried touching me WITH HIS FILTH WHORE HANDS!

I stepped away from him with my eyes burgeoning with tears. How could he do this to me? It pained.

"I was upset, and I didn't know what to do, and I ended up at a bar, and the next th-"

I scoffed incredulously and with disdain. "Upset?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows. "Imagine how I felt, Tristan, hearing you get furious at me because I kept me dying from you! Dying! I even invited you to watch me get my hair shaved!" OMG! I placed my hands on my head. "How could you do such a cruel thing to me?" My mouth gaped, trying to find other words to say to him.

I cared about him, I was going through so much, and this was what I got. This upset me, and I was burning up with wrath.

"I-I am sorry-sorry-" he tried reaching out to touch me while I cried, but I smacked his hand away from me, stepping back.

"SORRY!" I yelled at him. He cheated, and now he was apologizing. What did he think? That I was going to forgive him right there and then and dissemble that didn't happen?! "It's the fact that you went and got drunk when we could've talked and sorted things out together, and none of what you did would've happened!"

Getting angry was okay, hurt, but okay, cheating? He passed the line that shit pained and made me feel like I wasn't good enough. It made me feel like we were a mistake or I wasn't the one for him.

I shook my head, crying.

He was no different from Richard. They were the same narcissistic and selfish species.

This was too much for me.

Everything I was going through, and this was what he blessed me with!

So unbelievable!

"The audacity you have to come here for my forgiveness knowing what you did," I spoke firmly, shaking my head as the tears ran from my eyes.

I was dying for God's sake, and this was what he did!

"If I could take back what I did, I would, okay? I-"

"I knew you would, and maybe you'd even want to start over, right? Huh? Promise me you are not going to it again? Buy me flowers and forget what you did?" I scoffed, looking at him as he bowed his head with remorse. "You're pathetic, Tristan. Do you know that!" Tears were streaming from my face. "Pathetic!"