Chapter 53: My love

Tristan's POV

I couldn't stem the smile that was spread across my face as I watched Alyssa sleep in my arms.

We were cuddling on the hospital bed, and her head was rested against my chest. I couldn't seem to remove my eyes from her face. I was so blessed to have her in my life. I loved her, and I was so joyous to know that she loved me too. That was one of the best news I heard today.

The second news was that she planned on doing the surgery, and I had hoped she was going to get through it. She had us...me, and we'll be by her side no matter what.

She'll be doing the surgery in two days, and I promised to be by her side.

"How long have you been watching me sleep," Alyssa whispered, opening her eyes to look at me with a small smile.

I used my thumb to caress her soft cheek.

I smiled at her, my heart sinking in affection and love with my eyes twinkling with passion. "The moment you fell asleep in my arms," I kissed her forehead. "I love you so much," I told her, then I watched as her small smile widened.

"I love you, Tristan Pierce," She pecked my lips, and I groaned because I wanted more.

My phone chimed, and both of us glanced down. I pulled it towards me and saw a message from my dad.

"Is it the guys?" Alyssa asked. They didn't come today because they had class and a presentation.

I shook my head. "No, my dad," I said, looking at the message he sent. He had been trying to be better after what happened at Thanksgiving dinner.

Dad: Hey, son, do you mind coming to Virginia for a few hours? For a father and son day? I would've asked you during the week, but I got a new job. If you make up your mind, we can talk about it when you come. Dad ;-)

"What did he say?" Alyssa asked.

I sighed. There was no way I was going home when she was sick. "He wants to have a father and son day tomorrow for a few hours," I got a reaction I didn't expect. I thought she would've begged me to stay, but instead, she looked excited.

"He did!" She chirped but weakly. "You're going. You guys can have a great father and son bond..."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Hold up. You want me to go?"

She gave me a 'really' look. "Why wouldn't I? Are you not going?"

I sighed. "I don't want to leave you-"

"Wait, Tristan, you can't make me stop you from having a fun day with your dad when clearly he's trying to be a better person..." She looked at me with puppy eyes.

"I don't want to leave you here when you're sick and-"

"No. You have to go, besides it's just a few hours and I'll be fine. The surgery is not until two days so you'll be here by my side, go and have fun with your dad. I would die for that day with my dad Tristan, go and have fun. I'll be here when you get back," I sighed, looking at her, the love of my life, the person that changed me.

The person that stole my heart.

I didn't want to leave her here in this condition, even after I had missed days being by her side. I wanted to hold her all day inside my arms, and make her feel safe and happy because I loved her with all my heart. I didn't want to leave, even if it was just for a second. I wanted to spend every day with her, every hour and second, only being by her.

But I wanted her to be happy and do what she requested. I will see her soon and be by her side after the surgery. Even though I didn't want to because she insisted.