Chapter 25: Hero, I guess?

I was frozen. I Froze, with my hands up in surrender and my body shaking with apprehension and horror.

Petrified, that was the word that described me, and my body would surely have a panic attack.

It could be at any moment.

You may think, why wouldn't I give up my bag, but you see, if I move an inch, I will faint, and no, I wasn't risking that.

He could kidnap me after I fainted, and no, I didn't want to be anywhere with a robber.

Possibly a killer.

"I am not going to ask again!" He shouted, causing me to flinch, closing and opening my eyes in dread.

Maybe tonight was the last for me. I was going to die! I always thought about dying peacefully, but I guess not everyone would get what they wanted. I never even got the chance to tell my best friends, mom, and sister goodbye.

This was the worst death I would have. I sighed.

The robber was glancing around as he held the knife before my trembling body and could strike at any moment now.

"Why don't you just work like every other normal person!"

I gasped as I heard the husky voice boomed from before me, my eyes followed to where the robber stood, and behind his figure, I saw him storming towards us.

"Move. Away. From her!" He shouted with his fist clenched.

My eyes moved over to the robber, and he turned towards Tristan with the knife and quickly turned towards me, pointing the knife then turning towards Tristan, who grabbed the knife from his hand and tossed it away, then launched his fist in his face.

The second punch, I fainted.

Tristan's POV

I grabbed Jax's car keys from the couch then walked towards and through the front door.

I got inside the car then started it.

I was on my way to a bar.

There was just too much going on inside my head, this was my third time doing this after my dad fought, and I could never get over what he said to me, and it was just driving me insane, especially when he was still drinking.

Earlier I talked with my aunt, and she told me that he looked worst than he was before. He was drinking more than he was, and the house was a huge mess, and he smelt.

He was not showering either!

Fuck!

What did I do to deserve this!?

He was slowly losing me as a son because I couldn't go through something like that again when he even lied to me every time.

He lied, telling me he would never again after he did.

Drinking was the only thing that made me lucid from all this. I would say that drinking wasn't much different from my father's, but at least I wasn't doing it as a habit. At least I wasn't getting myself drunk, at least when I was driving home.

I parked the car before the building, then got out, starting my way towards the opening of the building, but at the corner of my eye, at the far end, I saw that someone was getting robbed.

I wasn't going to just ignore it and leave that person, so I started my way towards them.

As I walked and got closer, I recognized that person.

The rage that built up in me was something I'd never experienced before.

I was infuriated that she had to go through that!