One last time

Disclaimer: this is not the end of the story!!!<3

„it's Mattheo"

„it's Mattheo"

„it's Mattheo"

This sentence echoes around a thousand times and repeats itself in my head over and over again.
"Sure, what lie is coming now?" I laugh and don't let the tears roll from my eyes.
"It's the truth darling, it was him all along. And I've been giving you hints the whole time, but the smart girl was too stupid to check it.
So it is true that love makes you blind "he laughs," but were his feelings real or were they also fictitious? "
Yes, I asked myself this question now Adrien ..
But it couldn't have been him ... not Mattheo.
None of this makes sense to me.
How could I not notice?
Me, Luana Lestrange, the daughter of the cruellest man in London, I grew up with traitors and now the love of my life is a traitor?
No.
There is complete silence in the room, I look to adrien and he drinks his bourbon with amusement.
Everything seems to be silent, as if the world has stopped spinning.

I get up to go, should I go to see Mattheo? Should I just leave the house and leave him behind?
I turn back to Adrien and his everyday arrogant face vanished. Almost as if he felt sorry for me, as if it had hit him hard to tell me, as if I mean something to him.
But if Mattheo was just playing with me, why should someone like Adrien worry about me?
I wonder why I even think about it being possible.
In the world I live in I should have known that I couldn't trust anyone, but I did trust Denitsa, with whom I ran away from London to start a new life, away from all the toxic and dangerous shit.
But that's exactly where we got back in and Denitsa turned out to be the biggest traitor.
When I thought it couldn't get worse, I find out from my enemy that my love of my life, for which I would have given everything, for which I would have died, is my real enemy.
I keep trying to say to myself "Luana adrien is just trying to confuse you and turn you against Mattheo, he would never do that"
I try to tell myself so often until I believe it in myself, such a small spark has the doubt, the fear, that it might be true.
Adrien wants to say something but before I can even hear his words I walk out of his office.
My thoughts are nowhere but still everywhere,
after all, I'm standing in front of the room where I and Mattheo are supposed to sleep that night.
Where we were just painting our portrait,where I climbed into bed with him and fell asleep in his arms.

I walk into the room and still see him sleeping, he looks just as beautiful as ever, so innocent yet so dangerous.
His aura so dark but so soft around me.
I go to bed and try to wake him up.
"Theo"
"Theo wake up"
"Mattheo" this time he wakes up.
"Hm?" He says sleepily, "what are you doing darling? Come here and lie down"
"Stand up, we have to talk." My tone, colder than usual, but I'm sure Mattheo hears that I would like to cry, he knows me too well.
Finally he gets up.
"Is it true?" I say and look into the bright eyes that I fell in love with.
"What? What is true?"
"Are you the traitor? Are you the one who told all my strategies and plans to save YOU and Denitsa adrien? Are you the one who only faked all our moments? Mattheo I would have died for you."
I reproach him for all of this, I could say more.so much more.
All the emotions disappear from Mattheo's face, he clenches his jaw and swallows hard
Then everything becomes clear to me, tears that I've tried to stop,roll down my cheeks now, my knees feel weak.
"How could you"

"How could you"

"How could you?" I cry and push him away as he comes closer and closer to hug me.
My knees are so weak that I have no more strength to hold him away and I fall into his hug .
His arms, which otherwise comforted me out of "love", now  comfort me with the knowledge that I know he is a traitor.
I would love to forget all that, his betrayal, his love, our relationship, us.
But I can't, how can I say goodbye to something that kept me alive?
"It's okay," he tries to calm me down.
"How could you?" I cry against his shoulder
"I couldn't, it sounds ridiculous but I did it to protect you.
I love you and you know that, Mattheo Ramirez would never have given anything for a girl. But I gave everything for you, because I love you, and precisely because I love you so much I had to protect you, even if I am the one who hurts you.
I gave away your plans only once. Otherwise they would have come get you. "
"If you would love me, you would not have betrayed me, you would have gotten through this bullshit with me if they had planned an attack. But you didn't, you chose to betray me." I say softly, but so loud that he  hears clearly every word that i said, and release me from his arms.

You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place.
Like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time with this other person because
You'll never be this way ever again.

As I am about to leave the room I turn around and walk to Mattheo, my hands cupping  his cheeks and I kiss him.
After the passionate kiss, I press my forehead against his.
"We'll see each other again, if not in this life then in another. Mattheo I love you and I always will. Please don't forget me and all the things we did "I breath against his lips and kiss him again.
"One last time"
I whisper before I go
I hear Mattheo cursing and throwing things against the wall as I leave the house.

Will this be our end?