Bonus: Hawkings Ever After (1)

Recovering from the nightmares caused by Lukas and their father was harder than expected.  One of the worst things for Eli was looking down at his trembling and stiff hands.  He couldn't move them as easily as he wanted to after Clark fractured them.  He would stare at the piano and curse his luck.  He wanted to play like he normally did, but the pain was unbearable.

He was starting his second semester of his Junior year at Hawkings and he felt worthless.

Jonas was sitting with him in his dorm's common room and trying to help him complete the strengthening exercises. 

Eli tried his finger touching exercises but his hands were trembling too much. He let out a cry from the pain and the kicked the table out of frustration. "I can't fucking do it, Jo. I can't.  I can't even do these goddamn exercises, so I know I can't play the piano anymore. He fucking took that from me!"

Jaiden had moved to Millan's dorm, so there was only Hugh and Travis with them and they were sitting in the kitchen. Jonas sent them to their rooms with a look. 

Eli finally lost his self control because of the pain and continued to screamed at Jonas. Everything that bubbled inside of him was released and he took it out on Jonas... his frustration, his fears, and sadness.

Jonas just sat there and watched him with gentle eyes and a sad smile.  Everything on his face read "I understand".  How could he not understand when he had gone through the same exercises and pain before?  How many times did he lay in the hospital bed and wondered if he was going to fight ever again?

He didn't say anything because he knew that Eli needed to come to terms with his pain and the events that led up to it.

Eli yelled until his voice was hoarse and he collapsed on the couch.  Jonas wrapped his arms around his tense body and hugged him. When Eli calmed down he broke out of the hug and took a deep breath. 

"Ok... let's start again."  He said with a trembling voice.

Jonas didn't hesitate and helped him with the exercises.

When he was done Jonas smiled happily and ruffled his hair, making Eli tense again for a moment and then he relaxed.  Jonas stood up and pulled Travis out of his room.  He had been pacing in there the entire time, but refrained from interfering.

Jonas wished them a goodnight and walked to his room with Hugh, closing the door behind him. He left Travis and Eli alone. Travis looked at Eli nervously and sat down next to him.  Travis had been very cautious around Eli ever since they reunited at the hospital.  The closest he had been to Eli was when Jonas tucked him into the hospital bed.  But after that, he only held Eli's hands, never getting closer.  He kept a safe distance and only gave careful touches.

And Eli noticed. He felt like Travis was distancing himself.

Eli was slightly hunched over and sighed.  "Am I too broken for you?"

Travis jumped.  "What? No!"

Eli shook his head.  "But you're different.  You can't stand to touch me.  You can't look at me without pity in your eyes.  And your smile is... sad.  The energy you used to have around me has become muted."

Travis bit his lip and clasped his hands together.  "It's not that... I hate seeing you in pain. Also... You don't like being touched." His voice was extremely quiet.

Eli opened his mouth to protest. He never said he disliked being touched.

But Travis continued, knowing Eli was going to fight it. "You hide it, but I still see it. You flinch or tense when someone touches you, even Jonas... I... I dont want to scare you."