Chapter 1

St. Vincent's Prep School was the high school for the socialites.

Top tiered educational plans, renowned teachers, and a exquisite campus was just a few of the elements that set it apart from everywhere else.  St. Vincent's was a place built by the wealthy for the wealthy.

Sitting at the top of the campus, earning the envy of all, was Jonas, Joey, Spencer. He was the top of the class, the co-captain of his track team, was the center of his powerful social group, and was dating the Emilia Pena. 

He was one of St. Vincent's Elite; a group that stood on top of the social ladder with a bright future ahead of him.

High School was in the palm of his hand... until it wasn't.

Everyone has heard the saying "the higher you climb, the harder you fall", and Jonas fell miserably.  It all started with a fight at the beginning of his Junior year. It was something he had never done before, but for the first time he had lost his reasoning. He found himself pounding another student until he was forcibly pulled away by the security guards.

He was upset, and expected his friends to come to help or comfort him. But when he looked around, he found that his peers' eyes differed from before. They used to look at him with awe, but now he only saw fear.

Whispers of Jonas becoming bestial and feral started spread around campus. The moniker "Wolf" echoed in the school's hallways.

His collapse was imminent  He was promptly kicked off of the track team. His old friends called him violent and pulled away.  Emilia thought he was frightening and broke up with him. Rumors spread that she started to date Lukas, his best friend of 6 years. All of the connections he tirelessly established were broken and he became isolated.

He desperately tried to crawl back into the school's good graces, but after a while, he realized that it was impossible. The stigma was permanent.

No longer caring for his appearance, he let his neat hair become long and disheveled. His slick uniform jacket was always wrinkled because of the constant scuffles with other students.  He kept his button down shirt untucked and wore his tie loosely around his neck.  He became 'slovenly' because there was no reason to prune himself for that school. 

He set up his defenses and spent most of the time with headphones on with loud music. It was his way to avoid hearing the backhanded comments when he walked by.

He was the Wolf and finally reluctantly accepted this title.  He no longer cared for courtesies and when someone got too close to him, he would chase them away with a glare.  If someone started a fight, he would end it. 

Jonas no longer conformed to St. Vincent's and became the dark and violent rebel.

His only relief was his local gym that he attended across town. The socialites would never approve if it, but he had been going there for the last 10 years.  It was his much needed sanctuary, the one place where he could find some peace of mind.

Although it was the the catalyst of his fall from grace, he never regretted his first fight. He truly regretted the people he associated with and used to call his friends.  He found out the hard way that this friendship was only skin deep. It was only applicable if he was popular. 

Popularity was king, and he lost his crown.

He endured the torture of St. Vincent's with a restless soul for an entire year. He found comfort that the term was ending and was looking forward to the small reprieve.

However on the last day of school, he was caught unaware by a group of peers he used to call friends.  He used all of his fighting skills, but barely emerged victorious. This was the turning point for him. He no longer could tolerate that school or the people who attended it. He chose to walk away.