Chapter 52 End

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The sound was almost soothing, like a beacon telling him that he was alive. Jonas opened his eyes and stared at the white ceiling. The room was dimly illuminated by a lamp located somewhere in the room, but he didn't bother looking around for it. That was because he felt what he wanted the most; Hugh's hand tightly intertwined with his.

He didn't know how he became so familiar with it, but he could never mistaken his hand for anyone else's. He knew Hugh's body.

He gently rubbed his thumb over Hugh's knuckles and finally drew his eyes to the sleeping figure next to his bed. Hugh's head was resting on his arm that was slung over the bed. Jonas lifted his free arm to run his hands through the silver hair but stopped when a pain shot through his ribs and back. He let out a sharp hiss and brought his arm back to the original position. He turned his attention to the arm and frowned when he noticed the cast wrapped around it.

He could already tell what most of his injuries were. Broken ribs, punctures in his back, and a broken arm. He sighed a little and let loose a small chuckle.

The sound made Hugh jerk awake and he snapped his head up. His red eyes widened with disbelief when he saw Jonas was awake. He didn't say anything, but stared at the grinning Jonas. Tears rolled down his cheeks and his mouth was slightly ajar.

"Hugh." Jonas whispered with a cracking voice. He was filled with a number of emotions, thinking back upon his last thoughts when he got stabbed. All he wanted was a life with Hugh. So now that he was still alive, with a chance to truly live his dreams, he uttered the only thing he could think of. The name of the person he loved the most. He just wanted Hugh.

Hugh sniffed a little and wiped the tears. "You asshole."

Jonas laughed again but cut if off with a groan. Hugh stood up hastily and checked on him. "Fuck, Jo! Be careful! You broke some ribs. You're going definitely going to hurt."

"No shit." Jonas groaned.

Hugh chuckled and planted a light kiss on his lips. "Thank you for being ok." He said, his voice thick was emotion.

Jonas smiled. "You really think a little thing like a knife can take me down? Besides, I have too much to do."

Hugh sat on the edge of the bed, facing him. He lifted his hand and gently brushed his fingers over Jonas' face. "Oh yeah, like what?"

"Like making you my husband." Jonas said lightly, but his eyes showed how serious he was about the subject.

Hugh grinned and rested his head on Jonas' forehead. "I can't wait."

Hugh alerted the doctors about Jonas being awake, as he had been unconscious for days. After the doctors checked up on Jonas, they made sure to provide a very stern lecture about how they never want to see him or his family in the hospital ever again. After several promises and apologies from both Hugh and Jonas, the doctors left them in peace. Hugh took that time to explain what happened that night after Jonas fell unconscious.

The police and the ambulance came almost immediately after he fell. The EMTs took Jonas and loaded him up with Hugh in the ambulance and they were promptly delivered to the the hospital.

The police had arrested Lukas on the spot. He tried to claim it was self defense and demanded that they call his father, but he was ignored.

The entire incident was streamed live because of the cameras that Jonas set up, as well as the filming from Lucy and Emilia. The Kings' social media profile had already become immensely popular, and this encounter made thousands of people share the video.