Chapter 4

Several of the kids around the table still shivered, wondering where the crazy Wolf was.  They were completely oblivious that the Wolf was at their table, now finished with his lunch and silently listening to their conversation.

Jaiden coughed, wanting to change the subject, he turned towards Hugh. "Anyone challenge your crown?"

Jonas raised an eyebrow, not sure what he asked Hugh. Travis noticed the look and leaned over. "Hawkings is a bit different from other schools. We don't have the typical social structure, where people flocked to the jocks, or St. Vincent's embarrassing 'Elite'. We have Kings. The Kings are the strongest people in the school that no one wants to cross unless they want their crown."

Jonas nodded understanding. He had heard of the Kings of Hawking, but never paid attention to it, especially last year. St. Vincent's always said that the Kings were the most dangerous students in the school, but no one knew how it was decided. It was common knowledge to avoid the Hawkings boys with crowns on their jackets. Cross them, and you can lose your life.

Now he came to conclusion that it was because of their fighting abilities. He glanced at the proud looking Hugh and finally noticed the golden crown emblem pinned on his jacket. He didn't know how he missed it considering he seemed to have noticed everything else about Hugh.

"Had this crown since Freshman year. No one bothers with challenging me anymore." Hugh pouted when he said the last line.

Jaiden rolled his eyes. "Hugh and Millan are kings." He pointed to their gold crown emblems.

Millan shrugged. "It's a burden, especially when working with an idiot."

Jaiden pointed to three other guys, "Tank, Rodgers, and Sam are the other kings." Jonas realized that Tank was the guy who hit him today.

"Ah. Tank, the idiot." Jonas said, understanding what Millan meant.

Jaiden smirked. "A lot of people are actually wondering if Tank should be replaced as a King."

Travis giggled. "Looks like we will have three Kings in our group."

Jonas jerked his head. "What?"

"You made him retreat with just a glare. People noticed." Hugh said nonchalantly.

Jonas groaned. "Can't I just refuse it."

"I tried." Millan said, mimicking his groan.

Hugh laughed. "I don't know what the issue is. I love it!"

"That's because you love fighting, you crazy bastard! That's why everyone calls you Mad Dog!" Jaiden laughed.

Jonas glanced up. He didn't know much about the Kings, but had heard of Mad Dog. He just assumed he would have graduated by now because the name had come up the last couple years at St. Vincent's.

Hugh mentioned he was a young King, but Jonas didn't snap that he was actually the most ruthless King out there. If you run into the Mad Dog King, you run.

He was already brutal before, but went on a crazed mean streak last year around the time Jonas was dubbed Wolf. Last year St. Vincent's only feared two individuals; The Mad Dog and The Wolf.

"I think Jo likes it too. You should go take it now." Hugh teased. Without letting Jonas answer, Hugh stood up and looked at Tank's location. "Tank, you dick! How's that crown you're holding?"

This caused the cafeteria to fall silent.

The only ones making noises were the other four Kings who were chuckling. Hugh was always bored and wanted to create some excitement. Jonas cursed him inwardly. He seriously just wanted to lay low this last year of high school.