Chapter 26

By the time the sun rose, the five Kings were sitting on the benches and breathing heavily. Jonas and Hugh were sitting back to back on a long bench, with their legs outstretched on either side. The backs were supporting each other. Millan had his elbows on his knees and was holding his head with his hands, taking deep breaths. Sam was laying on top of the table, while Rodgers was on a bench and his head was leaning back so he was looking at the sky.

Their clothes were torn and were covered in cuts. All of their knuckles were bleeding and bruised.

Around them were collapsed bodies of those who could not run away yet. The morning was heavy with cries of pain from St. Vincent's privileged students.

A couple of rushed footsteps sounded and they turned their attention to the noise. They all gave their tired greetings to Travis and Jaiden.

They slowly got up and grabbed their jackets before they made their way to the car. They looked around at the damage and without saying anything, they busted out with laughter, even Jonas. They didn't notice the click of a camera and a blushing Travis.

He was giddy with happiness. Not only his friends succeed this night and stood up to St. Vincent's but he caught Jonas smiling.

Jaiden jumped behind the wheel and they all piled in. Hugh was back to sitting on Jonas' lap and nuzzled his neck. He quickly fell asleep in his arms for the short fifteen minute drive.

They parked and climbed out of the car, all of them groaning and complaining. But when they got out they saw the entire building either outside or hanging out of their windows. They were chanting for their Kings and whistling.

"Travis?" Sam asked hesitantly.

Travis giggled. "There was a live stream of the fight. You guys were fucking brilliant."

Jaiden grinned. "St. Vincent's is being dragged through the mud. The entire town is turning against them and the other schools are praising you guys. I seriously don't know how to handle this parallel universe shit."

Hugh groaned. "Shit, there goes my reputation."

Travis shook his head. "Oh no. After watching your fight, everyone still acknowledges that you're a Mad Dog and Jo is a big bad Wolf. You guys were ruthless. Jo - that kick to Jackson's head killed me. I don't think I laughed that hard before."

Hugh and Jonas both complained about how disappointing it was that Jackson and his crew didn't last long. They really overestimated them and got angrier when they fell. Lukas even ran away without a injury which made Hugh fume. Their original targets were anticlimactic so they took their frustration out on everyone else. Because of their intensity, their opponents tried to target them, but underestimated Jonas' and Hugh's teamwork. They fought back to back and completely outshone the other Kings, becoming the stars of the live feed.

But they also exerted a lot of their energy, so they had an arm around each other to support themselves. The tenants all gave them space and let them up stairs and shouted out their praises. But Jonas and Hugh were in their own world as usual and carried on their own personal conversation. When they reached their floor, Jonas faltered.

In front of their door was a well dressed man with a stern face and grey hair. His grey eyes were almost the same as Jonas' but were pompous and filled with contempt. On his arm was a prude looking woman who was meticulously dressed with a sour look on her face. Next to them was a bored and uninterested Eli who was paying attention to his phone. He didn't even look up at them.

Jonas groaned a little. Hugh noticed his apprehension and tension. "Alright guys, get back to your dorms and get some sleep. We fucking deserve it!"