36: The Decision

A/n: Alright, I was feeling generous, so here's the next chapter.

══════════════════════════

"I want to hear your opinion first?"

You watched as his eyes widen for a moment, clearly not expecting that before narrowing whilst he slowly gave a deep sigh.

"You... you want my opinion?" He asks softly, looking off to the side.

"Yes!"

For several seconds, he said nothing as though hesitant you wouldn't be pleased, but then slowly looked back at you.

Gold mixed with red eyes intensely staring into (e/c) ones as he finally answered.

"I don't want you to be a Demon Slayer or a Hashira." He says, his voice not harsh or boisterous, but soft and calm.

Though, you figured as much that this would be his answer, however you needed him to tell you~

"Why?" You asked softly.

"Because I don't want anything to happen to you." He says.

"Being a demon slayer and Hashira is a dangerous job and I simply can't bear the thought of losing you!"

You nodded in understanding, still choosing to remain silent. However, you wanted him to continue─you wanted to hear him out. Let him voice what was on his mind.

"Back in Kazahana village: when you were kidnapped by that demon.. I was afraid! When I heard you scream.. I thought I'd lost you! I almost hated myself if I hadn't got to you in time." He confessed.

"I love you, (Name). You mean the world to me and to let a demon get their hands on you, there's no telling what I would've done if I lost you!"

Your eyes widen he slowly grabbed your hand and guided it over his chest where his heart was located as he then leaned his forehead against yours, looking at you with those intensely beautiful and angelic golden/red eyes of his.

"Do you feel it?" he asks.

Underneath your palm, you can feel his heartbeat. It was beating both strongly and rapidly!

It was just like back in Kazahana, when you both confessed your love and shared your first kiss.

"I do," you say.

"It's beating because of you─because you set the flame within ablaze, that it feels like I'll die of a heart attack if I don't kiss you or tell just how much I love you; even for a second!"

His words are like a melody, soothing and intoxicating, echoing in the depths of your soul. The way he looks at you with such intensity makes your own heart race even faster, as if it's trying to keep up with the overwhelming emotions coursing through you.

You never knew his love would have such a profound impact on you, but here you are, feeling like your on the brink of losing yourself in his love. Each passing moment with him feels like a precious gift, one that you never want to take for granted as you listened closely to his healthy beating heart.

⎣Demon Slayer: Yōkai Wife⎤ [雪花] |Kyōjurō Rengoku x Yuki-onna!Reader|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara