43: Seven Nights

A/n: I decided to do little drabbles of what Reader-chan did during her nights on Fujikasane, since I didn't feel like wasting time writing chapter by chapter. So enjoy!

•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•

【Fear】

On the 1st night, word of a new human spreaded like wildfire.

A single female human all alone with no one to aid her, just killed one of their own!

"This is pathetic!" Exclaims a raspy voice.

"Lets just kill her already! She's just one little human!"

Four humanoid figures all gathered around within an open area. Each armed with fangs and claws, some big and small.

Snow continued to fall from the sky as it covered the surrounding wooded area. The air was cold as the temperature slowly dropped.

"If we all ambush her, we can overpower her and eat her!"

"I-It's not that easy, you fool! You wanna whine up an icicle like the others?!" Says another.

"This one's different from the rest, she controls the cold. The ice─it's alive, it protects her! It'll freeze anyone with ill intentions to harm her."

"Then, I suppose we have no choice but to avoid her if we don't want to freeze to death."

"You're all cowards─weak! I could easily slaughter that little wench if I get my hands on her!" A demon with blades in his hair says..

"Fool. This isn't about being cowards! It's about staying alive and not freeze to death." One growls, followed by brief silence.

"Figures, I never really liked my food cold anyways."

──────

【Camellia】

On the 2nd night, how lucky you were to find a hollowed out wisteria tree to camp out in. It wasn't as roomy and there weren't any woodland critters or creepy crawlers within.

In addition, you still had enough food rations to last you for two more nights as you gave a deep sigh before averting your gaze upwards at the moon.

It's only been two days and you were already feeling lonely.

Figures, considering you were the only one taking the Final Selection exam. Kyōjurō had told you that there were more trainees who were all younger than you, but neither one of them were ready.

Speaking of Kyōjurō, you missed him dearly.

It was misery not having him with you. You miss his smile, his enthusiasm, his kisses, and his warmth.

"I wonder if he's missing me just as much?" You say to no one as you mindlessly watch the night sky.

"I just know he's worried sick about me." You say sadly.

If only there was some way to let him know you were alright and safe as you glanced down at your engagement ring─the silver glistening in the moonlight.