59: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Gathering]

|Two days ago at Kazahana Temple|

"Obachan, Obachan!"

Said old woman calmly glanced up from her book just as a young teenage girl with long black hair, wearing a traditional shrine maiden outfit, entered the room.

"What is it, Madoka?" Otsune asks kindly, as the young girl handed her an envelope.

"It's a letter from Auntie (Name)-chan!" Madoka exclaimed, excitedly.

"Oh, how exciting! I hope she's doing well," Otsune says, opening the envelope letter.

❝Hey Obachan, how's it going?
Me? I'm doing fine.
I became a demon slayer along side Kyō. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that we've decided to have our wedding in three days. It will be held in the afternoon at Shihotori Shrine near Ishigame bridge. Pray, you'll be able to take it.
Lots of love,.....♡(Name).❞

Smiling warmly, Otsune closed the letter and stood.

"Madoka, go and tell you're father that I'll be gone for a few days."

"Why? Did something happen to Auntie (Name)?" The young girl asks, silently hoping that everything's okay.

Otsune kindly gave the young girl a reassuring smile, "(Name) is getting married soon, which is why I'm leaving. Asakusa is a long way on foot, so I'm leaving early." Otsune explains.

Madoka nodded in understanding, before leaving to do as told, whilst the elder woman went to go pack up her things.

──────────

|The Present|

"Lady Fukasawa!" Kyōjurō exclaims happily, before striving over towards the elder woman.

"Young Rengoku-san! Oh, it's so good to see you again!" Otsune says, and said flame haired man wasted absolutely no time in embracing her.

"It's good to see you, as well Obachan. I'm so happy you made it!" Kyōjurō says, smiling brightly.

"Hehe, of course. I wouldn't dare miss my own daughter and son-in-law's special day." She says with a grin.

Kyōjurō smiles at the word 'son-in-law,' just the words alone made his heart fill with overwhelming joy.

"Thank you, Obachan."

"Ahem.." Uzui clears his throat, causing Kyōjurō to glance back to see all his friends looking at him in question.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" The Sound Hashira asks.

"Ah~ sorry about that!" Kyōjurō grins bashfully, having almost forgotten about everyone.

"Everyone this is Lady Fukasawa Otsune, she is (Name)'s guardian and foster-mother!" He introduced, causing everyone waved hello.

"She goes by Obachan," he adds, before introducing Otsune to everyone. "Otsune, these are my friends and fellow Hashira! He introduces as everyone greeted back, saying their last and first names individually.