16: The Final Approach

You nearly jumped upon seeing Otsune at the door.

"OBACHAN?!" You squealed, quickly covering yourself while blushing from embarrassment.

"T-this isn't what it looks like! We were only playing." You half-lied.

You saw Kyojuro move to stand up from the corner of your eye and glance at him. He was using the bath bucket to cover his manhood.

Unlike you, he didn't even appear embarrassed or bothered by the fact that he'd been caught naked!

What a shameless man!

"Oh no, no, I didn't mean to intrude. You two are both full-grown adults. It's none of my business as to what you two do behind closed doors." The elder woman only shrugs.

"I just came to inform Rengoku that I've finished preparing your room. All your clothes and belongings are on your bed."

However, before she turned to leave, she glanced back towards you with a smug smile on her lips and added,

"However, if you're that eager for consummation, perhaps you should skip the trials and marriage and just go straight to the baby-making!"

With that, Otsune closed the door, leaving you and Rengoku alone.

After a moment of awkward silence, Kyojuro smiled bashfully, caressing a hand through his wet hair.

"You know, that's not actually a bad idea!" He says, only to dodge just in time when you'd thrown another bath bucket towards him.

"S-shut up, Kyo." You growled, getting out of the warm water.

You'd shivered slightly once the cold air brushed your skin as you went over to the bench where your clothes lay.

Kyojuro frowned, watching you put on just your hadajuban and gather the rest of your discarded kimono. It was obvious you were a bit upset as you approached the shoji.

"I'm sorry, [Name]!" He apologized.

There was guilt in his tone as you glanced at him. He looked like a sad, kicked puppy that had been scolded, and it tugged at your heart.

"I guess I came on a bit too strong. I shouldn't have brought up the idea of having a family. So for that, I'm truly sorry, my love." He apologizes.

Now, it was your turn to feel guilty.

Ok, perhaps you overreacted a little.

You couldn't blame Kyojuro for voicing his opinions about wanting to start a family with you someday.

In truth, you wouldn't mind living that type of life with him. A peaceful and romantic life. He was going to be your husband soon, and you had no doubt that he'd be an exceptional father.

However, you just weren't sure you were ready for that big step yet. With this curse, it kind of scared you, as many troubling questions flood your mind!

What type of mother would you be?

Are you even capable of birthing a child?