72: Sweetheart

After finding out that you were pregnant, it was probably the most exciting moment in your life. You couldn't wait to share the big news with Senjurō so you asked Shinobu to call him back in.

"I have good news, Senjurō!" You say once the young boy entered. "I finally know why I've been so sick lately?"

Senjurō cocks his head slightly. You seemed a little too happy for this to be something life-threatening or serious. But he's still curious as he waits for you to tell him.

"W-what is it, oneechan?" The young boy asked.

You hold his face in your hands with love and tenderness, making Senjurō feel shy. His cheeks blush as you look at him and touch him, making his heart beat a little faster. You lean down and kiss his forehead softly, staying there for a moment before looking back at him.

Your eyes are shimmering with something akin to how Kyōjurō would gaze at him. The light reflecting in your eyes is filled with a mix of joy, excitement, and a hint of nervousness - a look that Senjurō has never seen before.

"I'm pregnant, Sen. I'm going to be a mother!" Your voice trembles slightly as you share the news, and Senjurō can't help but feel a surge of emotions rushing through him.

Suddenly there isn't enough air in the room as Senjurō hands fly up to softly grip your wrists and he gasps in surprise. His heart is pounding in his chest as he struggles to process the news.

"Y-you're pregnant? You mean you're having a baby!" The mini Rengoku exclaimed excitedly, his eyes widening in disbelief. The realization that he's going to be a uncle fills him with a sense of overwhelming joy.

You smiled seeing how his eyes lit up like twinkling stars. Definitely filled with absolute joy as both happiness and excitement radiate off of him and it warms your heart.

You knew he'd be excited, but you didn't expect this level of happiness.

For Senjurō, this would explain why you've been so tired, cranky, and sluggish these last few days? You'd even taken up eating bizarre foods like banana peppers. But now he'd finally understood why. And he was indeed ecstatic to hear that you were expecting!

You nodded, "yes Sen, you're going to be an uncle." You say and then placed a free hand over your baby bump for the first time, knowing you are growing a tiny Kyōjurō inside you.

Senjurō smiles and nuzzles against your other hand, and you can see that he is practically shining. His smile is brighter than you've ever seen it, resembling his big brother's as his expression softens.

Your words delighted Senjurō greatly as he also placed a hand onto your tummy affectionately, while smiling happily. He's indeed super excited to be an uncle!

What's even more exciting is that his big brother is going to be a father, and that alone made the younger very, very happy as he hugs you. Senjurō nuzzles your neck, while you wrap your arms around his waist. Your hand moves up and down his back as you both enjoy a moment of silence, holding each other tightly.

"I'm so happy for you, Oneechan. Congrats." He said with a smile.

It still sort of worries you to have a baby in a land infested with bloodthirsty demons, but you swear you'll let no demon lay a fucking finger on your child, and no doubt, Kyōjurō will do everything he can to protect his family. You find solace in the fact that your husband is a skilled demon slayer, his swordsmanship unmatched by any other.

"How long are you, Neechan?" Senjurō asked, snapping you from your thoughts as he pulled away just enough to glance at you.

"Ruru says I'm nearing my second trimester, so I'm  probably around ten weeks along," you replied, still feeling a bit awed by the news.

Senjurō places his hand onto your stomach again. Although, you weren't showing yet, since your baby was probably the size of a strawberry inside your womb, he already loves his nephew/niece. And no doubt Kyōjurō's going to be over the moon once he finds out.

"You're going to tell Oniichan, right?" He inquired.

"Of course I am, sweetheart. He is the father after all."

"Oh! That's right," Shinobu chimed in. "Rengoku-san still isn't back from his mission yet. I should probably stop by HQ and tell everyone the news before he gets back."

"Wait a minute, Shino─"

"Oh, but I shouldn't leave you, not in your current condition. From now on, I'll be monitoring you very closely. I'll have to make sure you watch your diet and keep the health of the baby in check."

"Shinobu!" you placed a hand onto her arm.

"Hm?" You finally got her attention and stopped her jabbering.

"It's okay. I'm heading to the Ubuyashiki Manor to wait for Kyō when he returns," you tell her. "I want to be there to tell him myself."

"Oh, right. That's something the two of you should share. Sorry, I'm just so excited! Just imagine a little (Name)-chan or Kyōjurō-kun running around here♡" She giggled.

You started to and your face lit up at the thought.

A child.

Your child.

Yours and Kyōjurō's child!

Such a beautiful thing that it had you feeling both nervous, scared, and excited at that same time!

"Are you also going to tell everyone the news?" Shinobu asked.

"I don't see why not? You guys are my friends after all, and I love you all like family." You said with a smile.

This moved Shinobu, as she gave you a real, genuine smile. She was very delighted that you were going to tell everyone the great news and even more proud that you've grown attached to everyone enough to consider them "family."

You truly are Kyōjurō's wife!

"I'll come with you, then. I want to be there to see the look on Rengoku-san's face when you tell him he's going to be a papa. As well as observe everyone else's reactions." She says.

You weren't about to protest to that. You too, wanted to see everyone's reaction, especially Tengen's and Mitsuri's expressions.

Both Tengen and Kyōjurō have been best friends for a long time and knowing the flamboyant idiot; you had no doubt the Sound Hashira is going to beg you to make him the 'flashy godfather' of your child?

And since Kyōjurō and Mitsuri practically acted like brother and sister, you had this nagging feeling that the Love Hashira would probably want to be your child's godmother.

The wholesome thought had you smiling, regardless.

Though, there was still also the matter of telling Shinjurō-sama that he is going to be a grandpa, however you wanted to wait for Kyōjurō first; since you're somewhat afraid, considering you weren't sure how the man is going to react to the news?

"Can I come too, oneechan?" Asked Senjurō.

"Of course you can, sweetheart!♡" You say standing up.

"I'll have my Kasugai Crow to send a message to Oyakata-sama, to have everyone meet up at the mansion. That way they'll be waiting for us to announce the good news?" Shinobu says excitedly, before leaving to do just that.