21: Savior

Kyojuro's heart was pounding fiercely against his ribcage, its resounding beats reverberating through his entire being as he continued to follow Shiro.

His legs moved with incredible swiftness, propelling him forward so swiftly that the world around him became a mere blur. Yet, amidst the adrenaline coursing through his veins, an indignant fury began to well up within him. How dare that demon lay its filthy hands on his beloved (name)? His jaw clenched tightly as a surge of determination surged through him, compelling him to rescue her at all costs. However, beneath the surface of his unwavering resolve, a flicker of fear flickered in the depths of his mind. The mere thought of something untoward happening to the love of his life sent shivers down his spine, enveloping him in a blanket of acute anxiety unlike any he had ever experienced before. The weight of this possibility hung heavily on his shoulders, intensifying his resolve to protect her with every fiber of his being.

Eventually, as he continued his relentless pursuit, his eyes caught sight of an old, dilapidated house, its decaying structure cloaked in a thick blanket of untamed foliage. Without a moment's hesitation, the Flame Pillar instinctively veered towards it, an unyielding determination etched upon his face. As he drew closer to the weathered door, his senses were suddenly assaulted by a piercing cry that reverberated through the desolation, causing his heart to plummet into a deep abyss of despair.

A scream!

It was (Name's) scream, a desperate plea for help. The weight of urgency pressed upon Kyojuro, urging him to act swiftly without a pause for contemplation. With a swift motion, he unsheathed his trusted nichirin blade, its gleaming surface reflecting the flickering flames that danced within his fiery spirit.

The bright red blade illuminated fiery unsubstantial flames as Kyojuro used his sword to slash through the door. Once the debris cleared, he spotted a figure standing over you, whom he knew immediately was the vile demon.

"Let her go!"

──────────────

"Kyo!" You exclaimed, your fear now being replaced by an overwhelming joy to see him.

Hanasuke growled under his breath in annoyance, and with a swift motion, he roughly grasped your arm and pulled you in front of him, using your body as a meat shield. A startled gasp escaped your lips as you felt the cold, unforgiving touch of the demon's wakizashi pressing threateningly against the skin of your neck. Its razor-sharp edge hovered dangerously close, ready to slice through your delicate skin and slit your throat.

The tension in the air was palpable, as if daring Kyojuro to make a move that would ultimately cost you your life.

Due to Hanasuke's melodious spell over you, you're still unable to move, as you could feel your heart pounding in your chest and the adrenaline coursing through your veins. All you can do is anxiously await the outcome of this treacherous standoff.

"So, I see that the Flame Pillar has returned." Hanasuke said with a wicked smile.

"I thought you left Kazahana after killing one of my demon brethren."

"I said, let her go," Kyojuro repeated in a low, stern tone, his once gentle gaze now transformed into a fiery mix of fury.

The words echoed with a resolute force, cutting through the tension that hung heavy in the air. His eyes, once adorned with warmth and compassion, now blazed with an intense fire, a reflection of the fierce protectiveness that surged within him. It was as if a storm had suddenly engulfed his being, casting a shadow over his usually calm demeanor. The weight of his words carried an unyielding authority, leaving no room for negotiation or compromise. In his unwavering resolve, one could sense the depth of his commitment and the lengths he would go to safeguard the one he held dear.