73: A Bun in the Oven

You, Senjurō, and Shinobu entered the courtyard. After arriving at the Ubuyashiki Estate, you were already beginning to feel anxious.

Your mind was constantly trying to come up with creative ways to tell everyone that you're pregnant. You were sort of worried they would hate you for getting pregnant in the middle of a never-ending war against demons? I mean...you and Kyōjurō were still so young and it may be too early for you both to became parents.

The idea of starting a family had always been part of your plans (mainly Kyōjurō's plan).

We're you two even ready for this? You immediately shook your head; trying not to let negative thoughts cloud your mind.

As if sensing your anxiety, Senjurō reached out to hold your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. The kind gesture was enough to calm your nerves as you glanced down him and smiled.

This was just your stupid pregnancy hormones talking. Of course, you and Kyōjurō talk day after day about this type of thing. He told you time and time again he wanted to be a father someday. And he had been both very passionate and positive about it.

No matter what happens, you'll manage...hopefully.

"Ara ara~ I can't wait to see the look on Rengoku-san's face when you tell the wonderful news." Shinobu says as she walked along side you.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly transforms into a firework and blasts off into the sky." You sighed softly.

"But right now, I'm anticipating what everyone else is going to think? Hope no one would think I'm rushing into this. Kyō and I only been married for several months now. You don't think we're not moving too fast?" You asked her.

"Nonsense, you're both sophisticated adults. I'm pretty sure everything's going to be okay, so try not to worry so much. It's not good for the little one." Shinobu smiles.

You couldn't help agree with her as the three of finally arrived at the Ubuyashiki Manor. Upon entering the courtyard, you spotted Kagaya sitting on the engawa, along with everyone else standing around, waiting.

"Hello everyone!" Shinobu greeted, getting everyone's attention.

Upon noticing you, Mitsuri quickly rushed over to you. "(Name)-chan, are you okay? Himejima-san told us you were sick." She said worryingly.

You smiled, "I'm alright, Mitsuri. I'm feeling much better now, thanks to Shinobu." You reassured her.

She breathes a sigh of relief, "thank goodness," she then glanced at Senjurō, "hey there, Senjurō-kun. What are you doing here?"

"T-to keep Oneechan company," he quickly answered.

You soon made you way over towards Gyomei, "thanks again Gyo, for helping me." You tell him.

The gentle giant simply smiles, before placing his large hand on your head, "no need to thank me, (Name). I'm just happy you're doing well." He says with tears of joy streaming down his face.

'Why is this man still single? C'mon ladies!' You thought to yourself, before going over to the engawa and sat next to Kagaya.

"Glad you're feeling well, (Name)-chan." The blind man says.

"Thanks Aniki─I mean Oyakata-sama!"