68: Imagining Home

A/n: the majority of this chapter is just drabbles of Kyōjurō imagining what life would be like in your new home. Enjoy!

•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•᪥•

This was the fifth house, Kyōjurō, and you looked into it this week.

Though Kyōjurō continued to remain hopeful, you were ready to just give up and opt to stay at the Rengoku household with Senjurō and Shinjurō-sama and forget the house hunt all together. However, your ever-encouraging husband insists you continue searching for the perfect place to call home.

Upon arriving, you both were met with a traditional-looking Japanese house (minka) that had roughly 1,000 sq feet of living space, was built to suit 2–7 occupants, and had an L-shaped engawa.The redwood exterior and the sliding shoji doors added to the traditional charm of the home, making it feel like you had stepped back in time to a simpler era.

You were pleasantly surprised to find that the house was in pristine condition, with no signs of wear or neglect.

It was implied that the previous owners had taken great care of the house, and you couldn't help but feel a sense of relief knowing that you had finally found a place that felt like home.

Everything appeared perfectly intact, with the wooden beams looking sturdy and the flooring looking well polished and clean. Still, you were not convinced, considering all the houses you and Kyōjurō looked into, despite their beautiful exterior, either had flaws like cracked walls, mold, pests, or bad pipelining.

"Alright, Mr. and Mrs. Rengoku, are you ready to tour the house?" the realtor asked with a smile on her face.

You looked over at your husband, seeing that he also had a smile plastered on his handsome face. Taking that as a sign, you nod. And like you've done with every other house, you both followed the real estate agent inside for the tour.

──────────────

|The Foyer (genkan)|

Kyōjurō imagines himself sitting here, putting his sandals on, and preparing to leave for "work."

Once he stood outside the door, ready to disembark, he turned to face you, his darling wife. You smiled warmly and handed him a bento box wrapped neatly in a furoshiki. You then reached out and pulled him into a sweet kiss that lingered with a few loving pecks.

"Love you and stay safe."

──────────────

|The Living room (tatami 1)|

Kyōjurō imagines himself laying here with his head laying in your lap as you affectionately run your fingers through his hair. He closes his eyes, feeling a sense of peace and contentment wash over him in your gentle touch.

You then placed a kiss on his forehead as he gazed up at you lovingly.

Momentarily, he sat up, turned around, and gently pushed you back onto the tatami matted floor. You gasp when he straddles you and leans forward to capture your lips. In that moment, all worries and doubts melt away as you are swept up in a whirlwind of passion and love.