78: His Name

It's been six hours since you gave birth to your son.

You don't recall ever fallen asleep, but when you had woken, you were greeted by the lovely sight of your husband sitting in a nearby chair and holding his and your still sleeping, newborn son.

Kyōjurō told you that you had been heavy with fatigue and needed some well deserved rest. Indeed, giving birth had both drained and exhausted you.

During that time, news of your baby's arrival had spreaded like wildfire (thanks to Kyōjurō and Shinobu sending out their Kasugai crows) and had reached the Demon Slayer Corps, including the Hashira and Ubuyashiki; as well as your family.

Thus, it didn't take long for everyone to come and see the baby.

Senjurō was the first to arrive, clearly super excited to finally meet his new born nephew. Unfortunately, Shinjurō-sama wasn't with him, so Kyōjurō had made a mental note to visit and let his old man meet his grandson.

Despite, the man's aloof behavior, Shinjurō is still his father and Kyōjurō loved him, and wanted his son to know his grandfather, regardless.

"He's beautiful, nee-chan." Senjurō commented, lovingly glancing at his newborn nephew in your arms and gently touched the chubby, rosy cheek of the baby with a gentle finger.

Despite their similarities, it warmed your heart to see Senjurō so happy. He's just as crazy about your baby than his big brother and you can already tell he's going to be a fun and caring uncle to his nephew.

You briefly wonder what Shinjurō-sama's reaction is going be? Hopefully, he'll be just as contented as his sons. I mean─yes, you hated the Rengoku patriarch for being a grouchy bonehead, considering the man didn't even bother showing up at his son's wedding. But he had been kind enough to welcome you into the family with open arms and accept you as his daughter-in-law.

The man's a grieving widower that you can't help but feel sorry for him.

"Thank you, Senjurō♡"

About several minutes later; Mitsuri, Obanai, Muichirou, and Gyomei had arrived. And finally, Tengen along with his wives Suma, Hinatsuru, and Makio.

"Hey (Name)-chan and Kyōjurō-senpai." Mitsuri greeted happily.

She and Suma both gushed, carefully coming closer to peer at the newly born baby boy in your arms.

"Awww~♡ he's so precious♡." Mitsuri swooned.

"Such a cutie♡" Suma squealed softly, cupping both her cheeks.

"Wow, Rengoku genes sure are strong." Commented Makio, "he looks just like you, Senjurō, and your farther, Rengoku." She tells Kyōjurō.

At that, Kyōjurō laughs bashfully, "well, I can't do anything about that, Makio-san."

"Let me guess, you made poor (Name)-chan partake in the Kankagari ritual?" Uzui shot him a smug smile.

"What? It's our family's tradition." Kyōjurō says and you couldn't help but roll your eyes nonchalantly.

You then averted your eyes back towards the door and spotted both Sanemi and Giyuu, with the Wind Pillar leaning against the door-frame with both his arms crossed and Giyuu standing in the hall.