44. The ring

Xiao Zhan's POV

'Past do not exist except in your memory' I realised the real meaning of this saying today. Everyone around me is here, living in the present, enjoying and happy. It was only me who was still had a hope for my past to return but I forgot that time never comes back. I forgot that I was hurting others around me.

Sadness, tears, love, happiness, care and all of the other emotions are just moments, the moments that changes in just a matter of seconds. When I saw a carefree yibo now in the present, in this moment, in today i felt that i was being cruel dragging him down again, calling him to those painful times I was caged into. I felt i was wrong for the whole time i was waiting for him to remember us.

I have always tried to blame others for my miseries, if my parents have really loved each other then mother for once, should have heard dad out. Who was at fault there? In that one moment, if my father had even for once thought of me, the only one with whom he was left behind, he could have lived for me. If i had trusted yibo back then we would not have ended up like this.

Those four years did ended all of my resentments but pain remained untouched and yibo is the one who shared it. You have played your part yibo and now it's mine to set you free. If I continue to stay in front of your eyes you will always try to explore and dig all of that pain again and i can't let you.

I need to go, I am sorry.

With a heavy heart I left the place and decided to give him his space and freedom. But he followed me. He stopped me again. He stepped out of his car and pulled me out of the taxi. I was confused and shocked but what made me skip a beat was when I saw lingering tears around his eyes.

A gasp left my mouth when he pulled me into his arms and hugged me as there's no tomorrow. I let my muscles relax in his embrace and I recognised how much tired I was. How much lonely i was. How much frustrated i was. How much i needed him to be with me. He held my face and rubbed his thumb over my cheeks. All the chaos, disagreements in my heart suddenly settled down when he put those edges over mine, my eyes closed in placidity. Our lips moved together slowly and when I opened my eyes, with our lips still engaged, I saw soft ice crystals falling around us as a blessing from the heavens and stars. Despite of the chilly weather I felt so warm and safe in his embrace. Smiling in the kiss i closed my eyes again to feel him competely. My hands ringed around his neck as we deepened the kiss. Yes, in that moment, first snow of that season gave me another chance by returning my past to me again.

End of pov

The taxi driver smiled as he saw the two broken pieces falling back together. He took out a picture from his wallet with a beautiful woman smiling heartily, looking at him with admiration. He placed a kiss at the picture and kept it back when his phone vibrated.

"Daddy you remember right that you have to come to my academic awards ceremony today! All of my friend's parents have already arrived, where are you?" A child whined from the other side of the call.

"I will be there soon shin. Daddy is on the way to your school!" He sat in the car and drove off to his child, smiling.

.
.
.

"Baobei" Wang yibo retreated from the kiss and called him softly.

Xiao Zhan whimpered chasing other's lips as he felt empty. Wang Yibo rather hugged him again and whispered "My bunny". Xiao Zhan sobbed in his arms with yibo pecking his lips in between to calm him down.

"I love you, xiao zhan"

"Yibo- you-"

"I love you to death xiao zhan"

Wang yibo didn't let xiaozhan reply, rather he took few steps back as he sat on his left knee. He took out a ring from his pocket and looked in zhan's eyes. "There's no time to start all over again. Rather I choose to accept everything we went through. It's time to fulfill our promises and dreams Baobei. We have lost a lot of time, let's just continue where we left it and for the rest of the things, let's just let it be. Let me love you xiao zhan. I cannot live without you by my side. Let me take care of you for this lifetime. Will you let me do it? Will you marry me?"

Xiao Zhan gasps when his gaze fell over the ring, it was the same ring that yibo showed him that night, about three years ago. The ring he has always dreamed of, the ring he wanted to decorate his finger with, the ring which gonna become the proof of their fancy.

One sitting on the knees, begging the other to accept him once again while other standing with the hands over his mouth, eyes widened in shock, that moon became the witness when xiao zhan rushed and sat on his own knees only to seal the promise with their lips. That night of the first snow captured it all, remembering how both of the souls were so adamant not to leave each other lips no matter how darker the night of the first snow went.

That night proved to be the most passionate and restless for them, as their bodies got tangled while the rustling of sheets and xiao zhan's moans and staggered breaths were the only things yibo heard. There were no teasings, no playing around, the snow never stopped neither them. Xiao Zhan remembered how he squealed when he was marked at his untouched spots with yibo seated deep inside him making up for all of the moments they missed. Small tears left his eyes when yibo mumbled sorry in his ears for the deeds he was not even responsible for. With yibo moving inside him and calming him down with so much love, xiao zhan too responded it all with an equal passion. The two didn't stop even after reaching the heights and coming back, they built the heat again and again, testing each other's limits and patience. The moon was indeed wild shining more brightly to let the slivery lights peek through the glassy windows of their room, touching the naked bodies slightly to make them vaguely visible to each other, giving them another reason to not let go, with no sleep in their eyes..that night.