29. The last message

It's been a week since the incident happened that revealed the painful truth out in front of everyone. All the people who were involved were in shock but slowly everyone accepted the reality and decided to move on in life. The one who did wrong was already paying for her deeds and there was no need to punish her more as God has already punished her. She has already lost everything and now was trapped in a dark abyss.

Since that day, xiao zhan had never left his room nor did he ate properly. But now he too decided to move on and will try to forgive everyone and forget everything. He has suffered enough and now he had no more energy left. He decided to resume his studies from the next day again. Packing his books and stuffs for tomorrow, he came down to eat dinner with everyone.

Everyone on the dinner table was happy after seeing a normal xiao zhan. That night, he ate properly and his cheerful self too came back. He laughed with his family when Jiang fengmian cracked stupid jokes. He tried, it was difficult but still he tried to behave normal.

Next day he went to his University but didn't find yibo anywhere. All of his friends were there but not wang yibo. Everyone knew about what happened and was happy when they saw Xiao zhan there again except hao xuan and ziyi. They both were kinda ignoring him and didn't talk much too. After few minutes of talking with everyone, he stopped hao xuan when everyone else left for their classes.

"Ehh Xuan ge where is yibo? I mean I heard he too didn't come since many days. Is..he fine?"

"What do you think xiao zhan? Will he be fine? A person whose family got destroyed, who is left with nothing would be okay? But whatever it is, we are trying to reach him but no one is answering." Hao xuan snapped in a slight angry way and too left for his classes. He didn't realise his words pierced zhan's heart and he was on the verge of crying already.

Xiao Zhan blinked his unshed tears away and sniffed before grabbing his bag. He walked towards his department's building when he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Didi!" Hai kuan shouted and waved his hand from a distance while approaching him.

"Kuan ge!" Xiao Zhan turned around and covered the remaining distance to reach him. He wanted to ask about yibo and his brother must know everything. Atleast he wouldn't judge him and would not make him feel embarrassed.

"Didi, yibo asked me to give you this before he left! Sorry I couldn't give it to you sooner due to mom's health issues." Hai kuan handed him a small bunny plushie. Xiao Zhan took the bunny in a daze and peered at hai kuan with confused and curious gaze.

"He

"He..he left? Wh-where to?" Xiao Zhan asked with shaky voice. Hai kuan sensed his fear and he squeezed his hands to comfort him.

"Didi he has already left China few days back. He has also stepped down from his CEO's position. We don't know where he went but he is no more around. He don't want any of us to know about his whereabouts. Everything was too much for my brother that he finally chose to leave. He was really stressed xiao zhan, and..i..think.. he did very right...he didn't deserve any of the pain he was forced to went through" hai kuan informed and averted his gaze to wipe his tears.