21. Clarification

"Mia what did you do with yibo's drink last night, huh?" Ziyi called Mia and interrogated her about last night.

"With yibo's drink? I..did nothing ziyi!!" Mia reasoned and tried to defend herself.

"No, you are lying. Ziyi jie herself saw you mixing something in his wine!!" Xiao Zhan who just came to inquire about whatever happened in the party last night intruded in their conversation with dark and unhappy expressions.

"She saw me mixing something in yibo's wine? But.. i really.. i didn't!!.." Mia shrugged her shoulders and clearly denied all the imputations of which she was being accused for.

"Stop lying mia, then what was that white tablet huh?" Ziyi grabbed her right shoulder to turn her towards herself. Yibo, who followed zhan, approached him and wrapped his hands around zhan's waist to calm down his furious bunny. Their other friends too came when they heard a morning commotion outside.

"Ziyi we were once a very good friends and you know me very well, still you are accusing me of something i didn't do when I just helped you. About yibo he is just my ex, I have nothing to do with him now. I have no interest in him." Crossing her hands on her chest, she peered at yibo with a frown.

"Ohh really then why were you acting so pitiable yesterday..yibo don't you miss your ex girlfriend.." he mocked her and continued "why would he miss you huh? And if you are not interested in him then why did you care huh?" Zhan who had enough of them shouted but yibo forcefully turned him around and buried his face in his chest. He stroked his head and whispered in his ears "Shhh see I am fine. I am sure there's some confusion bunny."

"So you will take her side too yibo" zhan whispered back angrily but didn't stop hugging him back.

"No I am always on my bunny's side but baby we can't accuse someone without knowing the truth right? So let her explain okay?" He smiled and stroked his head again. Nodding, Zhan turned around and immediately apologized for his rude behaviour making yibo chuckle once again. His bunny boy is just too cute...he knows the difference between wrong and right, he is just too lucky to have him all to himself only.

"Mia what did you say, you helped ziyi?" Cheng who heard her girlfriend's name scowled and asked about it. He was right! Ziyi must have something to do with the sudden arrival of mia. Ziyi tried to explain but Cheng glared at her to keep mum.

"Yes, she called me here. She said that yibo is in love with a boy but that boy is in denial of his own feelings and if i ever respected our friendship or wanted yibo happy then i must help her. So i came here and tried to make Xiao Zhan jealous so that he could understand his feelings soon. And about that drink, actually ..my fiance is the manager of this hotel, that's why it wasn't difficult for me to come here and help her. And that tablet, I..I..mixed it in my fiance's drink so that I..you know ..he is just too busy..and too workaholic..so..haha I need to do it to get his attention sometimes.." she smiled sheepishly and cleared out all the misunderstanding. Ziyi gulped hard when everyone gawked at her. Zhan's jaw dropped when he heard about their plan. Yibo was too shocked but he decided to keep his mouth shut as to not worsen the matter.

"Woahhhh ziyi you are something" Hao Xuan who was beyond shocked commented and clapped for ziyi. Jiyang stopped him and covered his mouth with his hands.

"I..I am sorry mia for getting you wrong. But haha..why..d..did you open your mouth, it was meant to be a secret right?" Ziyi narrowed her eyes at mia and said everything while gritting her teeth in anger. Mia smirked and snorted. Zhan again apologized to Mia and she left after congratulating the new couple.

"Jie...you.." zhan looked at ziyi in astonishment but couldn't find any words to say.

"Umm sorry zhan but..you know I just couldn't see you both sad"

"It's okay ziyi, we understand" Yubin hugged her from the back and tried to calm her down.

"And what about those cantonese noodles which endangered yibo's life and what about locking them in the art room which scared zhan to death, how will you explain those ziyi?" Cheng snapped at her sharply and left the place in disappointment.

"B..baby" she tried to call him but he didn't listen anything.

"Zhan, yibo I...I am"

"No ziyi, you are my bestie, you don't have to be sorry, it was not your fault, you just wanted us to be together..and see we are together because of you, so don't be sorry" yibo hugged her and patted her back in a soothing way. "And about your grumpy boyfriend, let me talk to him" he gave her an assuring smile and blinked at zhan before following Cheng.

Meanwhile, all the other one's smiled at ziyi and cheered her up. Zhan too hugged her and thanked her for everything. No-one wanted their always sweet, smiling and cute friend to be sad anymore. Dragging her with them, they all went for the breakfast.

***

"Cheng" yibo called out but Cheng didn't stop. Instead he sat at a nearby bench and sulked with a bowed face. Yibo cringed but took a seat beside him and cleared his throat.

"Why did you left like that? She was crying you know.."

"But what she did was unforgivable.." Jiang cheng clenched his fists and looked in other side. Yibo gazed at his fists and chuckled. "Why are you trying to be so strong hearted when you are so emotional from inside?"

Cheng turned and peered at him with moistened eyes but again averted his gaze to stop his tears from falling "Yibo, you don't know anything, what could have happened if.." he stopped and stood up to leave but yibo was fast to grab his wrists and pulled him back.

"What if Cheng? Me and Zhan, we both are together now, nothing happened to us alright. Now tell me everything!"

"Are you sure you wanna know? I am scared you will judge my didi after that!!" He snorted looking away.

"Cheng" yibo yelled "don't ever say that again. He is mine and it's my right to know everything about him. So tell me whatever it is.." he clenched his teeth in anger and closed his eyes to calm himself down.

"Okay so you wanna know his past ..then listen.."