18. Off to chonqing

My dear son, you must be a big boy now who don't stammer while speaking and understand complicated things too. I asked your other daddy and my best friend to hand this letter to you when my baby grow up into a handsome man.

Should I start with a sorry? Son, I know you hate your parents for giving you such a tragic childhood. I guess sorry will not be enough for that....our beloved son suffered so much when he deserved every happiness in this world. I saw you many times locking yourself in your room, hiding behind closet or sofa in fear when I often got into fights with your Mom. I always wanted to come to you and hug you tightly but I didn't have any courage because I know you were afraid of me. As a father and a mother, we have already lost your respect and I will always feel guilty for it. I wish If I could reverse the time, if I had power to change everything back to normal, if we could be a happy family but when you lose your chance everything becomes an 'if'.

Son, I have always loved your mother, and I will always do, be in this life or an afterlife she will be the only one. But a misunderstanding drifted us apart, she was not ready to listen and i couldn't stand more. I am sorry son, i can't live like this anymore. Her tears and pleadings haunts me everytime, her ignorance and hate towards me breaks my heart into pieces so I wish to be freed from this pain and guilt forever.
I want you to live your life and focus on whatever you want to be instead of dwelling in the past.

I know I am not a good father but still I want you to fulfill my last wishes as I know I won't be able to live for a very long time...
My zhanzhan I want you to forgive everyone and move on if truth unfolds itself. My dear beloved baby, you have a pure heart, never allow revenge and hate replace your happiness.
Baby if ever someone special occupies that space in your heart which is meant to be for your lifetime confidante, never repeat the same mistake I did, never let them go. I don't want you to regret like me and lose the chance which has given to you. I want you to learn to give love and smile to others and not tears or pain.
I love you so much zhan, be healthy and live a long life. I wish if I could see you all grown up and happy.

Keeping your mom's blessing too in this small token of your parents memories and love.

Goodbye
Father to son

Zhan sobbed and went towards the balcony to find his parents among the shining stars. He smiled through his tears and breathed deeply before drawling sentimentally "Daddy I am not angry with you and Momma. I miss you so much *sniff*, why did you left me alone huh? Why didn't you take me along? Was I not a good son? Here *Sob* dadda, mom loves me very much and i am living happily and see i am healthy too *sob*. I believe you Momma daddy, I promise i would never hate anyone or be revengeful. But what if it's something unforgivable? I am afraid daddy but am I generous enough to let go the reason that took you away from me and destroyed my happy family? Still I will try my best.
Daddy you have cleared all of my confusions, see your son is in love. Yes I am in love. Thanks to you, i have realised how much I love yibo, I promise daddy I will never let him go and will claim my man. I will apologise and confess tomorrow daddy." Zhan wiped his tears and smiled. Returning back to his room, he turned off the lamps and went to sleep.

In the morning:-

"Zhan, Cheng come fast. You will get late like this" yanli shouted downstairs while packing some snacks for her brothers.

"Shijie, coming" they both hurried down and greeted their parents and sister.

"Fast! have your breakfast boys" zhang jing ordered and poured some orange juice in their glasses.

"Mom, dadda yesterday in that letter dad mentioned about truth behind their misunderstandings and about revenge too..I don't know what truth they were talking about!" Zhan asked absent mindedly.

"Son, you don't have to worry. We will tell soon, but now you need to hurry up. And you have to confess to my future son in law too, remember?" Jiang fengmian distracted zhan and teased him.
Zhan shyly nodded and filled his mouth with sandwitch. They hugged them goodbyes and left for the university since from there bus will take them to chonqing.

Zhan climbed the same bus as yibo and his other friends and sat beside him.
"Hi yibo" he exclaimed cheerfully and held his hand. Yibo smiled back and let him sit windowside so that he could enjoy the view in the way.

"Zhan are you okay now"

"I am. Yibo I..want to tell you something very important."

"Hm I am listening!" Yibo slouched his ears towards zhan so that he could hear clearly in between all the noise.

"No..not now, I will tell you when we will reach."

Yibo raised his eyebrows and smiled "okay anytime my bunny" he poked zhan's nose and Zhan giggled. He kept his head on yibo's shoulder surprising him. Later he slipped his hands into yibo's and squeezed them. "What happened Zhan" yibo asked as was feeling warm and weird with zhan's behaviour.

"Nothing I just want to sleep" yibo smiled again and settled Zhan's head on his chest comfortably. He placed his free hand around zhan's shoulders while his other one was in resting in zhan's grasp. Ziyi and others eyed their movements and smirked at the lovely scene.

They all reached Chonqing at late evening. Two students could choose a room for themselves together. Everybody chose their partners and Zhan approached yibo.

"Yibo I want to stay with you"

"Umm..o..okay"

"Yeah let's go and take the keys"

"Zhan where are you going. Lets take a room" Cheng interrupted them and glared at Zhan.

"No ge. Go and swap your room with mingmei and be with your girlfriend. Don't interrupt us." Zhan shouted back and dragged yibo towards the supervisor. Yibo felt happy but awkward on why his bunny is being so clingy today. But whatever he loved this side of zhan the most.

"Yibo?" A sharp voice again interrupted them and zhan hissed in anger. They turned around and yibo's face scrunched up in annoyance. "What are you doing here Mia?"

"Umm celebrating my holidays"

"Good, then excuse us"

"Umm..wait" she ran towards yibo and hugged him. Zhan looked at yibo sharply and averted his gaze.

"Mia get off" he pushed her and glanced at zhan with a worried expression.

"Why? didn't you miss your ex girlfriend?" she yelled and zhan's eyes got filled with tears. He bit his lower lip and gazed towards the ground.

"Mia that was in the past. Leave I need to go" he pushed her and grabbed zhan's hand forcefully before heading towards their room. By the time they left, ziyi too arrived to find her boyfriend. Hugging Cheng, she got confused when Cheng didn't hug her back instead he glared at her in anger "It's your doing right?"

"What? Aiyahh okay okay.. I..I you will enjoy too dear. Don't be angry" ziyi said happily but cheng clicked his tongue and left.

In the room:-

Yibo closed the door and faced Zhan to clear the things up. But to his surprise zhan hugged him tightly and sobbed. "Don't leave me *sniff* Don't talk to her *sob".

Yibo inhaled his scent and asked in daze "why?"

Zhan pulled back and tiptoed to press his lips on yibo's.