10. Can i ?

Next day as said, yibo was waiting for zhan in the library while reading a book, maybe reading something will reduce his anxiety and kill the time as he can't wait anymore, he want Zhan officially to be his only, he want to tell the whole world that Zhan is his man and he would forever take care of him.

When he was thinking of ways by which he would express and show his heart to his love, two small and soft hands covered his both eyes from the back, surprising him. He smiled as he recognised the soft touch, and sweet scent of his body. "Zhanzhan you came"

"Wow yibo you caught me, so now tell me your important thing"

"For that you need to come with me somewhere"

"Okay" yibo grabbed zhan's hands and pulled him towards his car. "Zhan would you like to go to the same clifftop we went that day?"

"Yes but why.. I mean you were going to tell me something important ?"

"Yes it's just, that place means a lot to me as it was the place where our friendship strengthened, so I want to tell you there"

"O..Okay then let's go" Zhan heart was beating crazily as he couldn't grasp the situation and yibo's mood.
______________________________________

Yibo drove to the clifftop and they went near the lake. Yibo faced Zhan and held his both small hands into his bigger ones making the other more confused.

"Zhanzhan you have become a most important and special person in my life. I didn't know this naive and nervous bunny I saw that day would ever effect me so much. Zhan I thought of many words I wanted to tell you today but none of them felt absolute and completed, so here i am just reflecting my heart, showing my pure feelings to you, your smile has become my perpetual bliss, your eyes has become my mirror, mirror of my own soul, your touch warms my heart, and your arms have become my home. I don't know Zhan if this is not love then what else it is. I am totally addicted to you and i don't want this to end ever. Zhan I love you so much, I love you more than a friend, I love you more than my life, I want to protect and spoil you till my death, I want to claim you everytime I see you smiling warmly towards others, I want all your time and all your attention Zhan." Yibo halted for a second and continued with his hoarse voice as tears streamed down his face "Zhan can i..can i keep you forever and never let you go, can i be your special one, can i be the one who is the reason of your racing heartbeats and beautiful smiles, can i take care of you forever, zhan do you love me back? Will you be my boyfriend?"

Zhan was stunned and his body went numb, he was unable to speak anything, his heart was racing crazily and his tears too made their way out of his eyes as he couldn't hold back anymore. Yibo tugged zhan into a hug and kissed his forehead "can i zhanzhan?"

Zhan came to his senses and pushed yibo away making him staggered on his feet. "Yibo you said you love me but we were just best friends, only friends and nothing else. For how long do you know me huh? For how long? It's not even a month yibo and you say you Love me. Are you sure it's not lust or obsession? "

"Zhan..I.."

"No let me complete. You know nothing about my past, my life. I never ever thought that you would do this to me. You know it very well that I was never interested in any relationship and what i wanted was just companionship not someone's love. My family is more than enough to love me yibo. You said you were a straight guy then what happened? Are you sure you would not leave me when a beautiful girl approach you or you would not leave me when you realise that you are actually straight? Yibo are you sure it's love and not obsession?"

"Zhan please blame me, reject me but don't name my love as obsession , i really love you very much but would never hurt you or force you into anything." Yibo's eyes were red and his heart was shattered making it difficult for him to breathe.

"Yibo I am sorry, you are my best friend, I don't want to share you with anyone but when you will get a nice girl, the actual love of your life I would happily let you go. I don't want to give you false hopes yibo, let me be honest you are just my best friend and will always be, please give my best friend back to me" Zhan was crying hard as he don't want to lose yibo and have no idea how things went this way, yibo nodded and ruffled zhan's hairs "hurry take my car keys and head back to your house, it could rain anytime and i need some time alone".

"But yibo.."

"Please Zhan"

"Okay I will call a taxi ,you too will need your car to go back hm." Zhan insisted and yibo gave in, he called a taxi and kissed his forehead before sending him back safely. He came back towards the lake and laid on the soft grass, the heavens opened as the water droplets tipped down the sky pouring down on his face and body. He closed his eyes as his fat tears got mixed with the rain and the pain his heart was going through was killing him inside.
________________________________

Zhan returned his house and rushed inside crying heavily, he went to the kitchen and hugged his mother tightly.

"My baby what happened?" Zhang Jing , zhan's mother panicked as she saw him in a bad state. Her baby was crying for the first time in her arms. For the first time he was showing his vulnerability and weakness to her, she felt happy for a second but soon tears trickled down her eyes too as she can't see him crying anymore.

"Mom..mom..*hic*..he..he...said...he loves me..*sob*...i rejected him..*hic*..mom i..it's hurting.... it's hurting badly...i...*hic*..was really..harsh on him..*sob*...he must hate me now..mom..*hic*...he will...*hic*...leave me now"

"Shhh"...she rubbed his back and Cheng who rushed inside the kitchen behind him, heard everything and ran to embrace him. "Zhan don't cry ..you have done nothing wrong .you are just not ready for this ..he will not leave you..you are his best friend..please don't hurt yourself anymore" Cheng made him drink water and Zhang jing made him sleep on her lap as he was already very tired.

"Yibo i am worried about you, how much you must be hurting, i know you love Zhan very much, I am sorry yibo but my brother is more important to me, I can't see him like this" Cheng came back to his room and told ziyi everything.
____________________________________

Yibo returned late at night, and his mother was waiting for him, "yibo where were you? What happened, why are you like this? Oh my, you are having a fever" she touched his forehead and found him burning with fever.

"Mom why..why are you waiting here and not sleeping. I already informed dad and brother about being late and it's nothing i just got drenched in rain, I am fine"

"No, your body is burning yibo"

"No mom i am fine, i will take medicine please leave me alone for sometime" no he was not fine, he was in pain, he wanted to die. He entered his room and locked it leaving his mother shocked and sad , he has never behaved like this, what happened to him today, she dejectedly went towards her room but couldn't sleep the whole night as she was worried about yibo's health but she knows yibo's stubborness , he will not allow her to intervene and take care of him, atleast not now.

Yibo went straight to the bathroom , he took out his wet clothes and sat under the cold shower, effusing all his pain away "why does it hurts so much baby? I am sorry....you said...sorry..zhan" he cried his heart out as his body was shivering from fever but then the pain he had was more unbearable, and when no more tears were left in his swollen and tired eyes he stood up, wiped his wet body, wore his night robe, drank a fever medicine and tucked himself under blankets to get some warmth and his body gave up at last.