"We've literally been cuddling all night." She exclaimed, Jasper sighed and let her go reluctantly. She kissed him on the cheek and stood up, going over to the wardrobe. "I'm going hunting, wanna come with?" She asked, looking through the closet for her clothes.

Instantly, she felt arms wrap around her waist and a gentle kiss to her neck, "Sure."

*

They were sat waiting behind a rock, in a place of the forest rarely any humans go. The pair spotted two deer, and prepared to pounce. It still hurt to kill innocent animals, and Aimee doubted the feeling would never go away, but if she wanted to stop herself from drinking human blood, she'd have to get over the guilt.

Jasper nodded at her and they both launched at the deer, quickly killing them and drinking their blood. "Ugh, it's always so messy." She complained, wiping the blood from her mouth.

Jasper came up and licked the remaining blood from her lips, smirking as he pulled away. He then began to lean in to kiss his mate, but she sped away with a cheeky smile.

"Try and catch me." She said quietly, Jasper grinned and sped forward in a blur, missing her by inches as she darted backwards. He kept missing her, she was too fast.

All of sudden, he sped forward and his arms clamped around her waist. Aimee's body felt light for a second and then went back to normal as she found herself behind Jasper.

Jasper stumbled and looked around, complexed. He span around to see his mate behind him, "How did you do that?"

"Do what?" Aimee asked, just as confused.

"I had you in my arms and then you vanished." He explained.

"I... I don't know how I did it. I have two abilities. Is that even possible?" Aimee watched Jasper walk towards her, a proud look on his face. His mate was unbelievable.

"I'm not sure, but that was incredible." Jasper smiled and tugged her by the hand as they sped back home to clean themselves up.

*

A couple hours later, after telling everyone about her recently-discovered power, the Cullen family were in the living room, and it began to get dark.

Carlisle's phone began to rang, he looked at the phone, "It's Edward." He said and answered it.

"What's wrong?"
"I need Emmett and Jasper at Bella's house. Now."
"Why?"
"Someone's been in here, I need them to track the scent."
"They'll be there now."

Carlisle ended the call, Jasper and Emmett stood up. Jasper kissed Aimee's cheek and quickly sped off, leaving the rest of them confused. They'd wait until Jasper and Emmett came back to get an explanation, Aimee felt a bit lost without Jasper by her side.

Edward soon came with Bella and they all waited for Emmett and Jasper to come back, Aimee wondered what they had to do, if it was dangerous at all.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

"A stranger." Edward answered, his eyes pitch black, worried about Bella.

Bella sat in-between to Alice and Aimee, Bella's scent didn't bother Aimee much anymore,she was used to Bella's blood. A door closed and echoed throughout the house, Aimee sensed it was Jasper and relaxed.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme offered, looking tense.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie replied, Aimee nodded and saw Jasper and Emmett stroll into the room.

"The scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper started, making a beeline for the seat next to his mate. He sat down and took her hand, rubbing my knuckles. He was anxious to leave her here, given that someone dangerous was here.

"Someone is orchestrating this." Carlisle muttered.

"Victoria?" Bella suggested.

Alice shook her head, "I would have seen her decide."

"Has to be the Volturi." Edward muttered in horror, Bella's eyes shot to his face.

"I don't think it's the Volturi, either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too." Alice said.

"So we keep looking." Emmett planned, looking tense.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle added, looking at all of his adopted children.

"Another protection detail." Rosalie said coldly, glaring at Bella.

"Rose." Esme warned.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella said.

"And for Victoria." Rosalie hissed, Aimee could understand her frustration.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella finished, looking at each of the vampires.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward declared.

"I'm not gonna let you starve." Bella replied. "And I would've be unprotected, I have-"

Everyone knew what she was about to say, and Edward scoffed and shook his head, but Aimee could see that Bella had a point.

"She's right. It means more protection for Bella." She nodded at the human and the rest seemed to agree with her.

"Alright, we plan the shifts with the wolves." Carlisle said and the vampires all nodded.

*

Over the next few days, it was uneasy and tense. Jasper and Aimee were on guard outside Bella's house, not talking for once.

Once it came to the time to switch over, the wolves growled behind and Jasper stepped closer to his mate, still wary about the fact one of them almost tore her to pieces.

He grabbed Aimee's hand and tugged her away as the wolves took their place. Whilst speeding home, Jasper kept his guard up until the pair got to the house.

"This isn't an easy alliance." Aimee muttered, getting changed into comfier clothing and flopping down on the bed. Jasper hummed his reply and lay down next to her, burying his neck in her neck.

It would be alright, as long as they had each other.