//The Letter\\

⚠️drinking. violence. torture. talk of weapons & blood. use of weapons.⚠️

only two chapters left, i'm so sad.
_____________________________________

Eren's POV:

I lied.

It's been a few months, the cold nights are turning into rainy days and hotter weather again. The entire time I've been planning on leaving and the only people who knew were Armin and Zeke.

Ever since that day happened in my house it's been constantly on repeat in my head, everything he said to me. I was the reason everyone's life was a mess, wether they wanted to believe it or not.

I heard a few knocks at my door, "yo."

Armin walked in and closed the door quietly behind him, "so...you sure you want to do this?"

"I have to try."

"What if y/n's right? What if they just kill you?" He sat down across from me. I shrugged, "then I die."

"This isn't like you. You don't just give up." I could sense Armin getting irritated with me but I stopped him, "this isn't me giving up, this is me trying to give everyone a better life! What don't any of you get?!"

"Then you would let us help you." Armin replied and I shook my head "no, absolutely not. I'm doing this alone."

"Once y/n finds out-" I cut him off, "she won't find out. I'll be back before she realizes what I'm doing."

"And if you don't come back?"

"Then you have every right to tell her."

"Fine. When you land, I'm giving you 12 hours from that point on. If I don't hear from you I'm telling her." Armin stood up, "I think you're being selfish, and reckless."

I watched as he walked out the door shaking his head with disappointment and slamming the door behind him. I sighed as I called my pilot and told him what the plans were as I made arrangements to go back to Germany.

I was pissed, angry, confused...I knew none of this would end until they were gone or I was gone. This was twice they went directly for her and not me. I'll be damned if they ever touch her again.

_

(Song: Hearing by Sleeping At Last)

The day went by pretty fast, y/n was out with everyone running some tasks and making sure the day runs smoothly. So, by the time she came home I had my things packed and in the car.

We all had dinner together which was an awkward and quiet dinner. I could feel the tension flowing off of Armin and I think everyone else could too.

"Okaaaay...I don't know what's going on but I'm going to bed." Y/n stood up and put her dishes in the sink before taking one last look at everyone and walking away.

I stayed back a couple minutes before going in behind her.

"Hey Princess...I gotta tell you something." I sat on the edge of the bed. "Is it about the tension that's going on out there? Pretty sure it was obvious to everyone."

"Yeah, I think Annie and Armin got into their first argument." I lied again. Her mouth fell open in shock, "whaaaat! About what?!"

I shrugged, "not sure but that's not what I needed to tell you."

"What's going on?"

"I'm going out on a business trip, I got the call today. I'll be back in a few days." I could see the sadness in her face when I told her I was leaving. If only she knew where I was going she would've stopped me right then and there.