//Going Home\\

first off i wanna say, this is a thanksgiving chapter, just kinda for the dinner portion/being home with the parents for holidays aesthetic. i will also have a christmas chapter in here, again more so for the aesthetic and present part of it...this is not to offend anyone, i will do my best to keep this as neutral as possible.

also, i lied...i might do a shikamaru fic. idek yet.

⚠️use of drugs/alcohol⚠️
⚠️talk of blood⚠️
_____________________________________

*Three weeks ago*
Italy

"Who told you about that?" Eren refused to look at me, I could feel his blood boiling. The energy he was giving off was filling the room, it made me anxious.

I didn't know what to say or how to answer, I felt like anything I would say in this moment would be the wrong answer.

"Was it Zeke?" His voice was flat almost choppy.

"No."

"Then who was it y/n?!" His voice raised slightly.

"It was Sam. Sam told me everything, and I didn't know how to tell you. I'm sorry." I tried to stay calm to keep him as calm as possible.

"Are you scared?" He asked. I looked down to see him gripping tightly on the remote.

"Me? No...but I am scared for that remote." I did my best to try and make light of the situation. He looked down and released the tight grip.

"My father is an idiot. His experiment was to try and see if the history of our ancestors was true. He ruined our family for nothing."

"So, is it true?" I asked.

"Don't know, they executed him the moment they found out what he was up to. So, Germany did some research and well...apparently I look just like one of them." Eren shrugged.

"They are your ancestors, it would make sense that over time you'd have a doppelgänger." I rolled my eyes.

"Try explaining that to everyone who wants me dead because they think I can turn into a giant monster. What kind of fuckery is that?" He began to laugh.

It made me nervous because I wasn't sure what kind of laugh it was, was it a laugh laugh or an angry laugh?

The world may never know.

"People are strange, you can give someone a dollar and tell them it's worth $10,000 and they'll run with it not even taking a moment to think. Everyone will believe anything...well, not everyone." I did my best to make an example.

"Ha, yeah well...the bounty on my head is real, especially on the black market. Doesn't matter if it's real or fake, money will always show peoples true colors." Eren shrugged again and began to scroll through the channels once more.

His energy was off now, I immediately regretted even bringing it up. I could only imagine the memories that went through his mind. I wasn't really sure what to say anymore, but I was no longer anxious...I was sad.

We decided to watch Thor Ragnarok, but while I laughed at certain scenes, Eren was completely straight faced...zoned out mostly.

"Hey are-" I began to talk but he cut me off, "are you going home for Thanksgiving?"

"I- uh, yeah...that was my plan." I could feel my chest tighten.

"I think that would be best." Eren replied but continued to look at the TV. I immediately wanted to start crying, all I did was ask a question and now he's become so distant from me within a matter of an hour.