//Welcome Home\\

(a/n: y'all i'm so sorry for this late ass update. life has been kicking my ass lately. anyway, hope you enjoy! 😇)
_________________________________
*4:30am*

"Wakey wakey eggs and ba-"

"BACON?!" Sasha cut off Connie running into their kitchen for the last time.

I was already awake from tossing and turning all night. I was both excited and nervous, I knew what a dangerous environment I was getting into but at the same time I had my best friends with me. We would do everything and anything to make sure we're safe.

On top of that, I had Eren to look forward to.

I let out a loud yawn and stretched before sitting up from Sasha and Connies couch. I looked over to see they were still in their kitchen, but instead of bickering, they were hugging.

I got off the couch and slowly walked to them,

"You guys okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're just going to miss this place. Years of memories, it's just hitting us now." Connie frowned.

I joined them in their hug and sighed, "I know what you mean. If you told me a month ago all of this was going to happen, I'd call you crazy."

"Right? Me too." Sasha said while sniffling.

It made me sad seeing them upset, but I completely understood the emotions they were experiencing. I don't think I'll ever get used to not being in my hometown, this is where we grew up. We've known each other since we were in diapers, we were so comfortable here, I think we all assumed this is where we'd grow old

They were right, we're leaving behind years of memories. Years of shared secrets, and promises in our homes, where we laughed, cried and sometimes both. I squeezed them tighter, and reminisced.

"Remember the time we all had a karaoke night and Connie's voice cracked so loud mid song, Marco spit his drink out from laughing so hard?" I laughed.

"Oh my god, yes. Connie, didn't you invite your crush to that party too?" Sasha asked while softly giggling.

"Don't remind me." Connie rolled his eyes, "at least its not as bad as when the both of you got so trashed you went around crying telling people how much you loved each other."

Sasha and I looked at each other and started laughing, "hey now, drunken minds speak sober thoughts." I said to him and he chuckled. Shortly after, Annie came barging in, "We gotta hit the road, are you guys ready?" Annie asked.

"Yeah, just have to brush my teeth." I said and Sasha and Connie nodded their heads, "Same." They both said.

I brushed my teeth first and helped Annie pack whatever was left into the trunk of her car, we had bigger stuff but we fit a lot of it into the u-haul Eren and Armin rented for us. Armin and Mikasa decided they would just drive it back to Florida for us, so they left right after the party. I insisted they stay and get some sleep but they said they'd trade off during the ride.

"So, how are you feeling about the big move?" I asked Annie.

She shrugged, "fine I guess. You know I don't have much family here and besides, my dad and I don't get along. You and Sasha are my family really...even Connie. How are all of you feeling?"

"We're okay." I shrugged. I heard a door close behind me and I turned around to see the duo bringing down the rest of their stuff. They threw it in the trunk and we all turned around to look at the building one last time.

I softly smiled, "goodbye Connie and Sasha's apartment, thanks for all the great memories...but it's time we start our next adventure."

"Please don't let us die." Connie sarcastically said looking at me. I shook my head and made my way to the front seat of the car. Sasha and Connie gave themselves one more second before getting into the back.