//The Breakup\\

I felt empty. A part of me knew this would happen, I mean the signs were obvious. Maybe I really am dumb? No, that's not it. As I sat on Marcos couch, I kept reliving all the good memories, and the bad. I was so overwhelmed with so many different emotions, and felt nothing all at once.

I knew he was lying about work, I knew he wasn't the best. Fuck, I am so stupid. Why is it, every time I'm happy something goes wrong? Why can't I just be fucking happy for once in my damn life? Fuck him. He changed everything about me, he chased me for years. He was my best friend, we grew up together. He told my mom he was going to marry me, we were end game. This was supposed to be it. He was supposed to be it.

"Y/n?"...

I'm so upset. No, I'm angry. I am so fucking angry. What a dick, what a waste of my time. I'm going to kick his ass, I should've left him a long time ago. This is the last time I ever let a man change who I am.

"Y/N?!"

I snapped out of it. I looked at Marco, he looked scared and worried. I looked down and noticed my knuckles were white from gripping onto his couch. "I'm sorry Marco." I finally said back letting go of the couch.

"No, no. Are YOU okay? What an asshole. What are you going to do?" Marco sounds like he's surprisingly shocked. I guess I'm not the only one Alex fooled. "Yeah, I'm sorry to bother you. I needed to get away...I-I couldn't be there anymore."

"It's okay y/n...get some sleep. It's 4am, we will figure things out tomorrow. We'll call Sasha and Annie." Marco said with a light smile on his face. He got up and brought over blankets and a couple pillows. "Here, take these."

"Thank you." I smiled back at him. "Uh...I hate to ask, but do you happen to have a tshirt and shorts I can borrow? Sleeping in leather pants just is not the move." I looked up at Marco hoping he has something that would maybe fit.

"Oh, yeah! Hold on." He walked off into his bedroom and handed me a gray tee with some basketball shorts. "Are these okay?"

"Perfect, thank you again. I'm sorry to bother you. I appreciate you more than you know." I looked back down, and he put his hand on my head, patting it lightly. "You're gonna be okay y/n. You always are. Stop apologizing, I'm always here when you need."

I looked up and half smiled. He said goodnight one final time and went off into his bedroom. I found my way to his bathroom to freshen up, I splashed some cold water on my face and just looked at myself. Stupid. So stupid. That's all I kept saying in my head. I took a few deep breaths and finally went back to the couch. About 20 minutes later I finally dozed off.

*12:00pm*

bzz. bzz.—— bzz. bzz.

"Ugh, 5 more minutes please."

bzz. bzz.—bzz. bzz.

I turned onto my back and stared at the ceiling for another 30 seconds before reaching for my phone.

Sasha 😮‍💨❤️
y/n?
hey, are you safe?
call me.
hello?

I took a big deep breath and called Sasha, if anyone would kick my now ex boyfriends ass OTHER than me...it would be her and Annie.

"Y/n!! Thank you so much for putting me to bed last night I-....what's wrong? Why are you crying?!"

I had explained everything that happened last night from when I got home and how I ended up sleeping on Marcos couch. I hated crying, it made me feel weak.

"I'm gonna kill him. I knew he was a dick, but that?! No. I'm gonna murder him." Sasha was furious, which she had every right to be. If she was in this situation, I would've kicked her boyfriends ass too. "Sash, I gotta go collect some stuff and officially break up with him. Will you please come?" I begged.

"Say no more. I'm on my way." she suddenly hung up. 20 minutes later Sasha was banging on Marcos door. I opened it telling her to quiet down because Marco was still sleeping. She then took my hand and walked across the street with me. I unlocked the door, and immediately went to go brush my teeth. I grabbed some of my stuff, I'll just worry about the rest later.

"Where do you think you're going?" Alex looked at me confused. He was tall, lanky, shaggy hair with a full beard...honestly, give him some raggedy clothes and he could pass for a homeless guy.

"I'm staying with Sasha for a while."

He scoffed, "whatever? you're crazy...did your anxiety get the best of ya again?" I gripped Sashas hand because I could feel her tense up. She was fuming with me from that comment, "who the hell do you think you're talking to?" Sasha said to him, before she could say anything else I jumped in.

"No Alex, actually I walked in at around 2am while you were fucking some other chick. Maybe you should try to not be sloppy and hide your side pieces better." I scoffed back, his eyes widened.

"Wait, y/n..."

I glared at him, "please if you can give me a valid reason on why I shouldn't leave you, be my guest."

"He can't y/n, he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Who knows how long this has been going on, he doesn't deserve any more of your time." Sasha said while giving Alex a cold look.

"Well, Alex? Have anything to say for yourself?" I said. A part of me was hoping he would say something, or explain himself. I didn't want to believe that this was the man he grew up to be.

He continued to just look at me without saying a word. Eventually, he looked defeated and looked down at his feet. A painful laugh came out of me.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. You know, there was a reason I didn't date you when we were younger, and you've done nothing but prove to me why it should've stayed that way. You're a piece of shit, don't ever talk to me again." I pulled Sasha out the door and slammed it shut. As soon as the door slammed behind me, I immediately started crying again.

"He doesn't deserve you y/n. He never did. I am so sorry he did this." Sasha said to me and pulled me in for a hug.

Sasha just held me for a few seconds as I gathered myself back together and we went back to Marcos. Thankfully he finally woke up, and made sure I was okay one last time before I headed over to Sashas. Of course I thanked him and apologized one final time, which made him laugh.

We got in Sashas car, (even though it was a 10 minute walk from here) and she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"I'm gonna call Annie and tell her what's going on, are you okay? I love you." she said, still looking at me like I was an abandoned puppy.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for everything." I forced a smile on my face. As she called Annie she started to drive off. All I could do was look at the home that was once mine disappear off into the distance.

Once we got to Sasha's, Annie was already standing there with arms wide open. Which is unusual for her. We walked up into Sashas apartment and I immediately plopped onto the couch.

"Y/n, how are you? If you need anything please let me know."

"I'm okay, and I will. Thanks Annie."

Both of the girls started whispering to each other, I raised an eyebrow and spoke up. "What are you guys being oh-so secretive about over there?"

"We're planning on how to get away with Alex's murder." Sasha replied with a huge smile on her face.

"No, but really. What's going on?" I rolled my eyes to her response.

"Sasha thinks we should take a girls trip. Get your mind off of things and then deal with getting the rest of your stuff when we get back." Annie looked, waiting for a response. "Yeah, sure. I guess I can use a trip anyway."

"YAY! WHERE SHOULD WE GO?!" Sasha screamed.

We pondered, and then it hit me. A huge devilish smirk appeared on my face. They both looked at me, then at each other, and back at me.

"Miami." is all that came out of my mouth. Annie turned bright red. Sasha caught on, and begged until Annie agreed.

It was final, we were going to Miami.

•••