3.5 | boketto

Boketto
the act of gazing vacantly into the distance without a thought.

April 27, 1996

"Happy birthday!" The girls yelled out as Ciana entered the dorm. She jumped back with a shriek. And fell. Embarrassing.

"Ow!" She sat up and rubbed her head, peeked around her hand, and glared at all the girls staring down at her. "What the-"

She was lifted and pushed onto her bed, "It's your birthday!" Rebecca smiled at her, Ciana couldn't help but smile back at her sister.

"Really? I forgot," Ciana rubbed her head.

"Stop being sarcastic," Bex deadpanned and then smiled, "You should be excited! You're turning 17!"

"She's right," Luna nodded and handed her a bag, "You deserve it."

Ciana smiled at her back and opened the bag, inside was a small charm, about the size of a quarter. Ciana raised an eyebrow and turned back to Luna, "What is it for?"

"Just a simple repellant."

"Need that these days," She mumbled.

Rebecca noticed her sister's mood shift and quickly jumped up, "We're having a girl's day! We know how you feel about men these couple of days so I strictly told them all to butt off."

"It's not them, just one." Ciana sighed.

Rebecca frowned and gave Luna a look, she sat down next to Ciana. "Hey, I know I'm the younger sister but I understand. I get it if you just want to stay inside but I'll hate you miss out on your birthday just because of some silly boy."

Ciana gave her sister a grateful look before grinning softly, "No, let's do this! But it's fine if the boys come. Especially Juniper."

"Yeah, especially Juniper," Bex said under her breath and Ciana raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Nothing. Let's go!" She jumped up and grabbed Cianas hand, pulling her to her closet. Luna rolled her eyes at Cianas's obliviousness. "What should you wear?" Bex pondered. She began to rifle through Cianas clothing.

"Can you not. I just organized it a week ago. Please don't— Okay. Whatever then." Luna laughed and Ciana shook her head. It didn't take long for Bex to come up with an outfit and didn't hesitate to shove it into Cianas's chest and push her into the bathroom, telling her to get read quickly.

After an hour, at least. They were all ready and Ciana looked beautiful. No sight of a broken heart anywhere. She wore a solid lace corset blouse with vintage mom jeans, paired with her favorite jewelry. A glowy makeup look and her hair softly flowing down her back. Not heartbroken at all.

Rebecca looked at Ciana, proud of her style choice. "I'm a genius."

"You think so, huh?" Ciana pushed her away and Luna laughed from next to Ciana.

"You two are such sisters."

"Almost as if we were," Rebecca gasped, and they all laughed. "Okay, the first thing we're going to do is shopping. Dad and mum sent some money for you and you're going to take advantage of it."