1.6 | kalopsia

A/N: There's a big-time skip but it's only because it would be boring without it & that's not what we want

Kalopsia
the delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are.

December 17, 2000

Ciana sighed as she stepped into the warmth of Gladrags Wizardwear, taking her coat off and hanging it up. Luna walked in behind her, hanging her own coat up.

The shop was bustling with students of all years. It wasn't chaotic but it was quite crowded. There were racks of clothing, each had at least 5 people looking through.

"Where should we start?" Luna asked in a calm but excited tone.

"Let's separate and look through our tastes."

"Good idea," With that, Luna left to the colorful and sparkly dresses. Ciana chuckled under her breath and looked around. She wasn't as sure as Luna about what she wants or likes, she decided to come and "wing it."

She bites the inside of her cheek and walked over to the green dresses, going for the Christmas colors theme. There were dresses of all sizes, lengths, textures, and shades of green but none of them stood out to her.

Ciana huffed and went to the silver dresses, and none stood out to her.

When she walked to the blue dresses, she stayed in the light blue section and looked through them. There was one that caught her attention so she grabbed it and walked to the reds.

In the reds, it was the same as the greens, there were differents of everything. She looked through all the different shades, textures, and styles. Until there was one that made her grin widely. That's the one, she thought and picked it up.

She put the blue dress back where she found it and went to find Luna.

Ciana found Luna in the suits section—which was odd. "Luna?"

She looked up and smiled, "Have you found the dress you want?"

"Yes," She brought the dress up and Luna nodded.

"It's beautiful."

"I know," Ciana glanced at the section they were in, "Why are you here, Luna?"

"What do you think about me wearing a suit?" She asked with a glimmer in her eyes, brighter than the one she already had.

"A suit? That's different from your usual style," Ciana raised an eyebrow and smiled, "If you want to wear a suit, wear a suit."

"Okay," She grabbed one and smiled softly. Ciana laughed and made a motion to the dressing room. Luna walked over to one of the employees to help her fit the suit to her liking while Ciana entered one of the dressing rooms.

She slipped on the dress and marveled at it. It needed some fixing here and there but it was beautiful. It had velvet fabric for the top half and silk for the bottom half. There was a high slit and a deep v-neck.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head, looking in the mirror. Running her hands down the dress, admiring it—and feeling guilty.