2.6 | gunnen

Gunnen
to find happiness in someone else's happiness because that's how much you love them.

January 17, 2001

"I'm telling you, Juniper! She was beautiful, and she looked like a kind person!" Ciana groaned as she flopped onto her bed, letting out a long sigh. "She had soft blonde hair and soft features. She looked like a soft person!"

Juniper hummed, listening to Ciana in slight amusement, "You're probably overreacting, Ciana. It could've been just a simple conversation between two people who will never talk again."

She sat up on her elbows and turned her head to face him, "It's bad that I hope that's what it is."

"How is it bad, exactly?"

"I told him to move on, to not wait for me. I shouldn't be here sulking, and I should be happy for him. I am happy for him. He deserves someone who isn't stuck in their own head."

"You did tell him to move on but you still have a right to feel upset. You're only human, what else is to be expected? You love him, and you just watched him with another. You may be genuinely happy for him, and glad but that still doesn't invalidate what your feeling," Juniper explains with a tone that Ciana wasn't familiar with.

She sat up fully and turned her body to face him, "What was that?"

"What was what?"

"All that psychological talk," She motioned with her hand, moving it up and down his figure.

He shook his head and looked down, "Carina talked like that often. I picked up a few things."

"I like her. I haven't met her but she seems like such a real person, that's good for you." Ciana put a hand on his shoulder, "Has she answered the letter?"

"No, not yet."

"Oh," She pursed her lips, "Maybe she's trying to find a way to respond."

"Or she's ignored it and left."

"Don't think like that," She gently slapped his shoulder before letting it go, "Give it some time. You need to understand what she's going through, you left her in the dark, in the wind, practically."

He nods, "I know."

"That's good. Let's stop talking about our sad love lives. Homework?"

"Sure," He smiled at her, their conversation ending there.

•••

Harry walked to the Gryffindor common room from the library in odd guilt. He felt this weight on his back after he left Esme. He didn't understand why, why the guilt? Why should he feel guilty about talking to someone? He shouldn't be feeling like this.

He said the password and flopped onto one of the sofas, where all his friends were already doing their work. Ron looked at him in curiosity, "Where were you?"

"Library," He grumbled into the sofa.

"Why are you back so late?" Ginny asked this time, taking advantage of the situation so she can take a break.