0.2 | oblivion

Oblivion
the state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening.

September 1, 2000

"Do you think anything will be different?"  Juniper looks out the window, admiring the stars.

Ciana shrugs and pauses her drawing. "I think everything will be different, but nothing at the same time."

He looks at her, and down at her sketch. It was a woman with beautiful long dark brown hair, a few strands loose from the bun on top of her head, and familiar golden-brown eyes. "You're drawing Bex."

She looks up and gulps. "She told me she wanted me to draw her, so I started it before the war. I couldn't— couldn't continue until a month ago."

February 20, 1998

She sat at the end of the table, watching her sister finish a drawing of a beautiful bird. "Ana?"

Ciana looks up and gives her sister a small smile. She was the only one that could call her Ana. Bex was a kid when she started using Ana instead of Ciana, and it stuck. "Yes?"

Bex admires her sister's drawing, her eyes glittering, even in these dark times they still had the same spark. "Can you draw me?"

Ciana looks up to her sister and bites the inside of her cheek. "You want me to draw you?" She nods, and Ciana huffs. "I won't do your beauty justice."

Bex shakes her head and scoffs. "Have you seen your own talent, Ana? Everything you draw, sketch, paint, it's all breathtaking!"

Ciana gives her sister a wide grin and pulls out a piece of parchment. "Okay, I'll draw you."

Bex leaps in her seat and starts to do poses making Ciana laugh. "Do you need me to stay still?" Bex asks while putting her hand on her hip, and pouting.

Ciana laughs and clutches her stomach. "No no, Bex — I don't — don't need you — you to pose!" She says through fits of laughter.

Bex crosses her arms and sits back in her seat. "Then how will you draw me?"

Ciana pants, and looks up at her sister through her eyelashes. "I draw best through memory, not something that I could see in front of me."

Bex makes a face of realization and awe. "You're very talented, Ana."

Ciana waves her hand in disbelief, "No, really, Ana. Promise me after the war you will do something with your talent."

"I cannot promise—"

"Promise me." Bex persists and gives her sister a look.

Ciana nods and sticks her pinky finger out for her sister. "I promise."

With that, they interlaced their pinkies.

September 1, 2000

The sky was pitch black, and the train was starting to slow down. Ciana looked outside the large window in their small compartment, and let out a small gasp. "W-What is it?" Juniper jumped up behind her shoulder, clutching his wand.