1.3 | tacenda

Tacenda
things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence.

October 31, 2000

Harry walked quickly, oblivious to the person following him. He turned from corner to corner, trying to avoid his thoughts. Thoughts about her, suffocating and distracting thoughts. Thoughts he shouldn't have.

Ciana followed him all the way to the Black Lake, the chilling autumn air hitting her skin as she tries to catch up to him. The music from the Great Hall is barely heard as they get further and further away.

He stops to catch his breath, but held it as someone's voice was heard, a familiar voice, someone he didn't want around right now.

"Harry!" She shouts and picked up the ends of her dress as she runs to him. "Harry," She breathed out as she caught up to him.

He turned to her and allowed his eyes to look her over. Amazed at how the moonlight hit her face perfectly, making her seem like a real-life fairy. She was panting and let the ends of the dress down. "What are you doing, Ciana?"

"You just—just ran out," She took a deep breath in and composed herself, "Why were you running?"

He looked at her again and continued walking to the Black Lake, and sitting on a bench close by. She followed him again, thankful that he didn't run again. "You didn't have to follow me."

She sat next to him and looked straight forward at the lake, looking intently at how the moon hit the surface. "I was worried. You just ran out randomly."

He chuckled softly and shook his head, "Sorry, that was mental."

She blinked and opened her mouth but closed it, "It seems like a lot of things are mental now," She muttered to herself and he turned to her,

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing," She waved a hand and kept her eyes on the lake.

"No, I heard you say something."

She sat straight and turned slightly to him but kept her eyes downcast. Her boldness took over as she said, "A lot of things are mental now, huh?"

He knew what she was referring to, but he didn't want to acknowledge it, so he nodded and acted cluelessly. "What things—"

"Don't, Harry. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

He closed his eyes and turned forward, "No, I don't."

Ciana scoffed and stood up, "Why?"

He looked up at her and kept a calm face, "What?"

"Why did you run off? Why are you having feelings for me mentally? Why?" She was angry, and now was the time to let it out.

"I needed some air."

"That's not all I asked."

He stayed silent, he didn't know how to answer her question without hurting and ruining everything. He didn't know how to make this all easier.