1.8 | beautiful

Beautiful 

pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically.

December 20, 2000

When Ginny came back to the Great Hall, the table was silent. Everyone looked up and acknowledged her, warily. The only people who knew what happened were Luna and Hermione. Ciana and Ron were quite confused.

Luna stood up and grabbed Ginny's hand, dragging them back out of the Great Hall. Hermione sighed and closed her eyes.

Ron huffed and turned to Hermione, "Okay, that's it. What's happening?"

"I can't tell you, not yet at least."

"What—" He didn't have time to respond before Harry entered and Hermione stood up and walked over to him.

"Harry," She breathed out, "Are—Are you okay?"

He looked dazed, "You knew?"

She sighed and nodded, "Yeah."

He blinked and gulped, "Okay." He continued walking and sat 3 seats away from Ciana. Distance.

Hermione sat next to him and turned them away from Ciana and Ron. Ron sighed angrily and turned to Ciana. "What do you think happening?" He whispered to her and she looked at him.

"I don't know, maybe we should give them some space," She shrugged and stood up, motioning for him to do the same. He did reluctantly. "Come on." Harry watched as they walked away from the corner of his eye. Ciana turned back and he turned away.

Hermione bite the inside of her cheek, "What happened?"

"Don't you already know?" He sniffed.

"I do," She sighed, "but I want you to talk to me."

"I don't want to talk, I just—" He stopped, not really knowing what he wants.

"What do you want, Harry?"

It took him a while to come up with a response. Different things would come to mind. His relationship to be back to normal. The war never have happened. For his life to not be so complicated all the time.

But only one thing, better yet, someone came to mind.

"Ciana," He breathed out. No hesitation.

Hermione's eyes widened for a moment before she smiled. "Then why aren't you getting her?"

"Don't you think it's too soon?"

"If not too soon, then too late. Which do you prefer?"

Harry looked down at his hands before looking back at Ciana who was laughing at something Ron said. She doubled over and cupped a hand over her mouth. She was beautiful. "Too soon," He answered.

Hermione stood up, and nodded, "Then go." She walked over to Ciana and Ron, taking Ron by the arm and pulling them to the dance floor; Where students were still dancing, oblivious to what's happening to them right now.