1.5 | metanoia

Metanoia
the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.

November 21, 2000

Ciana,

I know you absolutely hate me,
well I hope not but still, but you have to understand why I wanted—

No, why I needed to do this alone. I didn't want to drag you along when you need to do your own healing. It was selfish and cowardly of me to not tell you but I knew you would have done anything to join me.

If you were here right now, you wouldn't have enjoyed it. All you would see is Rebecca, and that's not what you need. You need to take a break.

I know these seem like excuses

Ciana rolled her eyes and folded the letter up again. She went over to her bed and put it under her pillow. Maybe later,
I'll have the patience to deal with his shit. She thought and grabbed her bag and left the dorm.

She walked into the common room and smiled when she saw Luna. "Morning."

Luna looked up from her book—which was casual upside down—"Good morning, Ciana."

She stood and they silently walked out and to the Great Hall. When they got there, they sat at the Ravenclaw table and started eating.

"Anything from Juniper?" Luna asked as she bites a piece of her pie.

Ciana sighed and dropped her bacon back onto her plate, "A letter came this morning, I could only read a little."

Luna poured some water into her goblet and looked at Ciana. "Why?"

"Why? I don't know why."

"Are you sure?"

Ciana looked down and nodded. Luna knew she was lying but decided not to push. They were quietly eating until Ginny walked past them and smiled,
walking up to them. Ciana gulped.

"Good morning!" She said cheerfully but there was a hint of exhaustion in it. Ciana smiled weakly and gave a mumbled "morning."

Luna grinned widely and looked up at Ginny. "Good morning, Gin!" They looked at each other for a moment before Ginny coughed and looked away.

"Well, I hope you have a good day," She looked up and smiled at someone in her direction. Ciana looked up and was met with familiar green eyes—she looked down immediately.

Luna and Ciana watched as she walked over to Harry, grabbing his hand and pulling them to the Gryffindor table.

It seems like there was longing in both of their eyes.

•••

Harry didn't know how he's survived this long. Even after the whole Voldemort thing, he doesn't know. Apart from him is dead with all his lost loved ones but his living and breathing body isn't.

But that isn't important at the moment; What's important right now is mixing the ingredients in the Veritaserum while Ciana chops most of the ingredients to put into the cauldron. Harry tries not to flex his arm, or let it cramp but it cramps and he silently groans.