1.7 | lacuna

Lacuna
is a blank space, a missing part.

December 20, 2000

"Should I do it up," Ciana waved her wand, and her hair made itself into a mediocre bun, "or down?" She waved her wand and her hair fell down her shoulders in waves.

Luna was sitting on the edge of her bed, already in her suit. "Down."

"Thank you," Ciana turned around and bowed with her hands together. Luna laughed and Ciana got to do her hair. Adding a charm so her hair doesn't burn off, straightening it and then curling the tips.

"You should add a glamour to it," Luna suggested and Ciana jumped up in agreement.

"Yes!" So she did. She already had her dress on, so she turned a few times to look at herself. That guilty feeling flowed through her again.

She shrugged it off and sat at her desk to put her makeup on. She didn't want to go all out, well because she didn't know how to. After, she put her black heels on. Luna waited patiently for her to finish.

Ciana took a deep breath in and nodded to herself. "Okay, done."

Luna looked at her and stood up. Ciana took her time to adjust to her heels before walking out of the room with Luna.

"I wonder what Ginnys wearing," Luna thought out loud.

Meanwhile, in the Gryffindor common room, the group of four were all ready and doing their last touches.

"Bloody hell, 'Mione, that hurt!" Ron groaned as Hermione fixed his hair.

"Sorry," She smiled at him and he shook his head with a smile on his face, admiring her.

Ginny and Harry weren't so adorable. They were sitting on one of the sofas, an unnecessarily large distance between them. Harry would try to move closer but Ginny would move away, which confused him greatly.

He shook his head and stood, reaching his hand out to her. "Come on," He said with a smile. She couldn't stop the smile that grew on her face as she took his hand and walked out with him, Ron and Hermione walking closely behind.

They walked to the Great Hall, admiring the decor. Icicles were falling from the ceiling and snow falling almost naturally. A big Christmas tree was sat in the middle, white circled tables spread out around it. It was beautiful.

"See, Ronald, I told you these would be the colors," Hermione whispered to Ron, he rolled his eyes.

They walked in and Harry's eyes immediately were attached to Cianas figure, standing with Luna by her side. She was effortlessly beautiful, she wasn't doing anything but she was so beautiful.

Ciana looked up and meet his eyes. Taking a chance by smiling at him. His heart thumped and he smiled back. She turned back to Luna, and he looked down.

Ginny noticed this. She knew already but it still stung knowing what she was going to do. It was something she needed to do for both of them. They wouldn't be happy with each other but with others.

They walked to a table and sat. Luna looked over at them and smiled, pulling Ciana with her. They sat down, and the atmosphere became awkward fast.