0.7 | elysian

Elysian
beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

September 12, 2000

They haven't spared each other any glances, nor any words. In potions, they would work in silence, there would be occasional moments where their hands reached out at the same time but she would pull back immediately. He didn't want her to, but he needed her to.

Ginny had found him that day, and sat with him as he thought about what he did. He cheated, and it made him sick when he looked at Ginny. She hasn't noticed how he avoids looking at her, and he was grateful for it.

Juniper's voice tuned her out of her thoughts, "I was thinking of going to America for Autumn break." He lied.

Ciana looked up at him, and tilted her head in confusion. "America?"

"Yes."

"Why?" She tried to hide her disgust with confusion.

He looked down at her, straining his neck in doing so. "I've always wanted to see what it has to offer."

"Nothing, it has nothing to offer." She shook her head, and he laughed.

"How would you know, you've never been."

"I don't have to go to listen to all the complaints about it."

He rolled his eyes and pulled her to the courtyard. They walked to a tree at the corner and sat leaning against the bark. "I don't think it'll be that bad."

She shrugged and pulled her sketchbook out. "Don't come to me when you come back with even more trauma."

He chuckled at her dark humor and looked at her sketch over her shoulder. "That's pretty, what is it?"

"The middle face is supposed to show a neutral expression, almost calm, while this one on the left is sadness, maybe regret. The last one here to the right is anger or disgust." She explained as she pointed to the different faces.

"What's it supposed to mean?"

"It can mean a lot of things, the many emotions, or the bottling of emotions, maybe even...how you feel about yourself." She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "It's whatever you see, and how you feel about it."

Juniper looked at her and noticed the hurt in her eyes. "What happened when you missed classes last week."

"Nothing," She said simply, pursing her lips.

"You know you can tell me, right?"

She bites my lip and shook her head. "I'm disgusted with myself, Juniper. Utterly and completely disgusted with me, I just want to scratch my skin off."

"Why?"

"Because Harry kissed me!" She blurted out, thankful for the empty courtyard. "He kissed me, and I kissed him back."

He gaped and looked away for a moment. "Isn't he—"

"Yes, he is." She nodded absentmindedly, scratching her upper arm.