0.9 | sonder

Sonder
the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own.

October 7, 2000

"Look at you!" Mrs. Cressida brings Ciana into a long-lasting hug.

"Okay okay, mum, I've only been gone a month." Ciana pats her mothers' hands, Mrs. Cressida gives her a last squeeze before pulling away. "Why're you even here, I could've Apparated myself."

"We wanted to pick you up, for old times sake." Mr. Cressida brings her into a short hug and picks some of her bags up.

Ciana looks around and jumps up. "Juniper!"

Juniper looks back, and smiled at the three half's of the Cressida family; They've always been there for him. When he was having troubles with his own family they would open their home for him for as long as he needed, and Mrs. Cressida always had a sneaking suspicion that he had something with Rebecca.

She still believes something was going on between them, but it brings her too much pain to imagine what he had to go through.

He walks over to them, and Mrs. Cressida brings him into a motherly hug. "How have you been?"

"As fine as one could be."

"I heard you're going to America, y'know I've visited one time..." She paused and shivered at the memory, "...one time was enough."

He blinked down at her and nodded. "Good to know." He knew he wasn't actually going to America, but he couldn't bring himself to tell anyone of them that he would be leaving.

Mr. Cressida pats his back and puts a hand on his shoulder. "How was the Auror training, I had some good times while in the program."

"You could go back," Mrs. Cressida rolled her eyes, and he glared at her.

"I'm taking some time off, to spend time with you."

"I should be grateful?"

"Yes, you should." He folded his arms, Ciana and Juniper looking, between the two, unsure about what to do.

"All you do is bring dirt into my house! I should be grateful for that?!"

"Yes!" They bickered and glared at each other. "I thought it would do us some good to spend time with each other."

Mrs. Cressida's eyes softened, and she smiled gently. "Of course I'm grateful, my love."

Mr. Cressida smiled, and they turned to look at the young ones in front of them, who had their mouths opened in confusion. "What was that?"

"Nothing you could understand."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Ciana said in the offense.

Mrs. Cressida smirked and shook her head. "Not right now anyway."

Juniper chuckled and looked at the family. They looked happy. Coping, that's all one can do. Ciana narrowed her eyes at her mother, but ignored it and turned to Juniper. "You better come back with loads of pictures!" She said excitingly, and his face fell slightly but he picked it up quickly. "I want to see all that America has to offer."