2.7 | natsukashii

Natsukashii
a happy recollection of an event or memory in the past.

January 19, 2001

A groan escaped his mouth as the sunlight from the open curtains hit his face. The weight of the alcohol from the night before hitting at full force. His memory wasn't so clear but it wouldn't be, not until he used his head for a bit.

He couldn't even remember how he got into bed.

With another groan, he lifted himself and rubbed his eyes. Ron was still sleeping, good for him, Harry thought. Scrutinizing himself for drinking the night before. He only did it so he didn't have to think anymore or feel guilty. Which he still believes, he shouldn't be feeling in the first place.

Walking to the bathroom and switching on the lights, he keeps his eyes closed for a moment then opens them slowly. He turned on the water for his shower in a daze and stripped off his clothes. Walking into the lukewarm water & subconsciously turning the water so it would be hotter.

He washed his hair and body quickly so he could have enough time to try to relieve his hangover. Before completely leaving the shower, he turned the water to its coldest setting and stood there for a second so it could wake him up. And that it did. It also got a slight yelp out of him. Turning the water off, he dried himself off and brushed his teeth. Wrapping the towel around the bottom half of his body, he walked out and yawned.

Ron was still sleeping.

He dressed and put his robe on as fast as his body let him. It was as plain of a morning routine as every other day is. Leaving Ron in the room, he walked out and headed to breakfast.

It was still very early and only a few—five—students were there. None of which he knew, so he sat at his table and poured himself some coffee, he would usually have tea but he needed the coffee. He had no appetite, so the coffee would be his breakfast for the day.

He lowered his head and rested it on his arms, trying his best to not fall asleep right there. He was close to but was startled when he felt a hand on his shoulder. The person backed away with their hands up and laughed but he only sighed.

"Sorry," She laughed, and it only caused his head to roll over and play dead. He didn't reply but only rested his head back on his arms. It was quiet, he thought she left but she didn't. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Yes," He mumbled and she hummed.

"Okay..." She trailed off and he shut his eyes tightly before lifting his head to face her.

"What is it that you want, Esme?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today," She smiled. Her voice kept getting higher as she spoke, he needed to throw up. It's the hangover, he stated to himself.

He didn't want to but it would be a good distraction, so he nodded. "Sure."

"Awesome!" That caused him physical pain. "I was thinking about after classes, but any time is good for me."

"Yeah, after classes."

"Good! I'll see you then," She walked away giddily, and he laid his head back down.