3.1 | laconic

Laconic
expressing much in few words.

February 7, 2001

It didn't take long for Esme to come up with a plan.

•••

"Theodore? As in Theodore Nott, the Slytherin? The one you fell in love with after he took your virginity?" Juniper raised an eyebrow and Ciana rolled her eyes.

"Yes, there's no need for all of that extra information."

"Yes," He stared at her and then shook his head, "I still can't believe that's who you chose for something special like that."

"I never thought losing my virginity special anyways," She waved a hand, "Anyways that doesn't matter. What matters is that he told me that he felt like he was in love with me?"

"Weren't you together for a week?"

"We weren't even together."

"Oh," He looked towards the ceiling, trying to hold in his laughter. The Great Hall was loud with chattering students and the clinking of plates. As usual, Ciana was there earlier than the rest and had finished her breakfast hours ago.

"Yeah..." She put her chin on her hand and bit the corner of her lip. "I don't know what he's doing. Why now? I shouldn't even care," She lifted her head off her hand and shook her head, "I don't care."

"You care," Juniper said before taking a bit of his pancake.

"I'm confused and curious."

"That still means you care."

"No."

He ignored her and decided to focus on his food. He let Ciana wallow in her feelings before taking her shoulders and turning her so she faced him. "Listen. Right now, your only focus is on yourself. So what if he's finally noticing how big of a mistake he made? It doesn't matter."

"You're right," She sighed and looked at him in amusement, "You've been right a lot lately."

"It's all her."

"What happened to the—"

He cut her off, "no reply."

"Yet."

He gave her a look, "Or ever." They didn't have enough time before the time to go to their first class had come. Getting their bags, they started walking to their first class of the day. Already tired.

Well, more tired after what was about to happen.

A blonde girl, short with blue eyes stood in front of Ciana. Her face had a usual grin, showing all her teeth. Ciana and Juniper shared a look before he started walking away.

"Don't," Ciana whispered through clenched teeth and he shrugged, He mouthed 'good luck' before turning around and walking into class.

Ciana slowly turned her head to face Esme. "Hi?"

"Ciana, right?"