PROMISES WE MAKE

I, Jason Jack Bates, take thee, Angela Noel Reins, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.

Jason was thinking about his wows, hearing them clearly in his head while he helplessly watched his wife being taken to the operating room.

It was always for worse between them. He gave her the riches but not the kind she wanted. They were healthy but weren't at all in the healthy marriage. He never showed her love, never cherished her. And now, with doctors fighting for her life, her death can turly part them.

Every last promise that he gave to her, he broke. He never even said that he loves her. And he does. God, he loves her. Why couldn't he just say it to her?!

Leila was crying her eyes out waiting in the hospital hallway. Dylan tried to console her but there's nothing he could say or do to make her feel better. The only thing that could calm her down now was hearing her sister will be ok. And by the looks of it, it was a promise Dylan couldn't make.

Jason hasn't said a single a word since they arrived and now it's been almost three hours. On his face and his hands there was still traces of Angies blood.

Doctor finally came out of operating room. -She's stable. -was the first thing he said to them and you could hear sigh of relief filling the room. -We'll move her now to the intensive care and monitor her from there. We can now only pray that she wakes up. We did everything we could but she hit her head pretty bad and that wound on her shoulder caused her to lose a lot of blood. -Are you the husband? -Doctor asked looking at Jason.

Jason nodded his head looking at his wife being taken to the intensive care room. His eyes saddend by the scene.

-Well, we ran some tests. The usual, just to know what are we dealing with. -doctor was explaining to Jason and the rest of the Family. -I don't think she knew it herself since it's so early even for her to know, but mr. Bates, your wife is pregnant. More than four weeks now.

Jason felt like somebody just took a gun and pulled the trigger hitting him right in his heart. -What? -he managed to speak shooked by the doctors revelation.

-I know it's a lot to process but we need you to sign a few documents since I assume you're the father of the child. -doctor was saying but Jason was already half lost in his desperate mind thinking about everything that just happened. And then he snapped out of it hearing Leilas voice.

-My God. -she sighed, the look of horror on her face. -What if he isn't? -she whispered to Dylan but Jason heard her.

Yes. The dates do align and they never found out if Ivan really took advantage of Angie when she was drugged.

Jason felt like his life is falling apart right in front of him but still he remained fixated on the sight of his beautiful wife on the other side of the glass doors being hooked on the machine that's there to keep her alive.

It's only been few seconds but it felt like hours. Everyone was standing there waiting for Jason to say or do something.

How could he allow this to happen? Isn't he the most powerful man in New York and in the US?! How could he let them hurt the person who's the closest to him?! If he kept her near, if he took care of her, loved her and gave their marriage a chance this wouldn't be happening.

Ignoring doctors words of a documents, his face was now stern and stone cold. -Miles, find Molly and bring her to me. Alive. -he gave his first order. Not at all worried that the doctor is there with them hearing everything he's saying. Nothing mattered anymore.

He pulled out his phone from his poceket and called Drew.

-Where's he? -was the first thing he said to him once he answered.

-I'll send you the location. I'm hiding, they don't know I'm here. -Drew explained. -Is she ok? -he then asked worried about Angie.

But Jason swallowed hard at the question. She's not ok. -She's stable. -was his only response. -Send me the location now. -he ordered and hung up the phone.

-You'll not go alone! -Dylan said to him seeing that his friend is mad and in this state he'll only get himself killed. He is not thinking straight. -Let me go with you. -Dylan yelled but Jason ignored him.

-You'll stay here with Leila and call me if she wakes up. -he glanced back to the room where Angie was.

-And the papers? -doctor asked like he's in this with them.

-I'll sign them later. -Jason replied.

-But we need them now! -Doctor tried to explain. -If anything happens and we need to act we don't know what to do considering she's pregnant and if keeping the baby is the priority or not.

-HER LIFE IS THE FUCKING PRIORITY OK?! -Jason shouted at the doctor.

Doctor nodded and left.

-Jason, don't do anything stupid. -Dylan pleaded with him but to no avail. He was already out of the hospital starting the car and speeding down the road leaving the sounds of tires behind him.