LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE

It's been three days since he last saw Angie and he hasn't heard from her either. Jason was occupied with his russian problem by day and by night he tossed and turned in the bed thinking about his last conversation with his wife that didn't go so well. And that was understatement.

-Boss, are you ready? -Miles asked knocking on his office door.

-Yeah, give me a minute and I'll be down.

Jason sat down, tired from these last couple of days, feeling desperate. All they manage to do was catch a few low ranked russian gang members that couldn't give them much information. Deep down he knew he became vulnerable once he married Angie. He knew she'll become a target for his enemies. Threatening mafia's bosse's wife was a cold but expected move, an attack on his honor and his ability to protect those who are closest to him. Never in a million years did he thought that threatening to his wife will be anything more than threat on his pride. But it became something more. He started to care about her even though he didn't want to. It became personal.

As he entered the elevator he dialed her number. It's time to go home.

-Hello. -he heard her soft sleepy voice.

-Hi. Did I wake you? -he asked not being able to resist the image in his head of her laying in bed all warm and sleepy.

-What time it is? -she asked.

-7:30. Listen, I've been meaning to call you but I've been busy. I'll be there soon, I want to talk to you.

-Oh...ok. -she said, still sleepy.

-But there's no hurry, you go back to sleep, we'll talk once you're up. Sorry to wake you.

-No...I'll be up until you're here.

-Ok..

And there was silence for a brief moment.

-Jason?

-Yes? -he asked.

-Anything else?

-No, that's all. See you soon. -he hanged up the phone.

She couldn't fall asleep last night thinking about the letter and the person who sent it. A coward, she thought. All those threats yet still didn't even gave her his first name. Oh God, what is she going to do? Her situation with Jason is not ideal at the moment and she didn't want to put anyone in danger because of her. But still, if on Friday she goes alone which is also unlikely since Jason wouldn't let her go anywhere without at least one security guy, she's risking her life. But if she brings someone with her she's risking everyone's lives.

She couldn't stop debating in her head. She'd be stupid not to tell Jason, after all, he is the most powerful man she knows. But also, who knows? Maybe they have a rat in the Family who's working with the guy who's threatining her. If someone is betrying them that means that they are in danger and can't protect themselves if they don't know who to protect themselves from. It's complicated.

It's not like she hasn't been threatened before. After all, her father is the leader of the west coast mafia but she knew all of his men, and she knew who she can trust and who she can't. As much as she liked Jason's Family she just met those people. Dylan was maybe the only one she thought she can trust.

She got up and went to take a long shower trying to calm down and think about what she's going to do. She hid a letter in the office and it will remain hidden until she makes her decision about telling Jason or going to meet that bastard alone. But shower didn't help at all with her thoughts.

She put on black hoodie and jeans letting her half dried hair loose. It was time to go downstairs and face him. As she was on her way to the kitchen she heard him talking. He was already there. Great, she didn't even got the time to have her cup of coffee and prepare herself for the conversation, she thought.